SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_680312217

Redecorating living room and family room

Meredith K
last year

I’m bored of my living room colors, I feel like every is so drab. The walls are York Grey, the curtains are this gold from Pottery Barn. I got the couches on FB marketplace and they were good quality and priced right. I don’t love them though.

I also have a very underused family room with a very good quality couch that I paid full price for that no one sits on.

Here’s what I was thinking:
Underused Family Room: Paint the walls October Mist (it’s the color on my kitchen island). Move the couch and loveseat from the LR to the FR. Place the couch and loveseat on either side of the rug. Get a coffee table for the middle.

Living Room (main room): Move the couch in this room. Put it where the FB marketplace couch currently is. Get these two accent chairs off FB marketplace. Replace the rug and also the coffee table.

Please tell me what you think of this plan. I don’t think the plan does much to make my living room less drab. I also don’t love the accent chairs I found off Marketplace, but they check a lot of boxes and go with the existing underused couch.

I don’t have unlimited funds and tend to hold on to furniture forever. I’m not afraid to paint. I will hire someone to paint the FR. If I paint the LR, I will do it myself. I’d prefer to not paint it b/c it’s a big room and extends to the dining room. Also, my DH and I lived through a 6 mo kitchen diy project last year and I’m leery to do anything else disruptive for a long time.

Comments (31)