SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steffany_savagedavies

REPOSTING hodgepodge home exterior

Steffany Savage Davies
last year
last modified: last year

I posted a similar photo a while ago of the same house with the same dilemma. We’re finally going to give this old girl a facelift but it is so hodgepodge . The builder got a deal on certain siding and brick etc. leaving some homes in the neighborhood a little hodgepodge. Anyways, I got a quote for just the front, to paint the brick, trim, shutters and siding since the house is 3000+ square feet and a walkout in the back. We wanted to keep costs affordable since we have other projects. The problem is that stupid ugly siding is also on the back and sides of the house. The soffits and fascia were not quoted. My original thought was to try and coordinate as much as possible with the siding on the sides and back (which is the same as in the peak over the garage). The painter agreed but I have no idea how to tie everything in together. The thought was to paint brick and garage doors and do a decorative accent over the garage. I want to do shake on top with a decorative trim in the middle and siding underneath. We will be replacing the front door and repainting the shutters. I love craftsman style homes. I love light grays, blues, greens and neutrals in general. I’ve tried every simulator to visualize and just can’t seem to come up with anything decent or at least come up with a cohesive vision. Please help!!!!!

Comments (24)