SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sushipup2

Trader Joe's find

sushipup2
last year
last modified: last year

Should be totally illegal.

Dark Chocolate covered JoJo's with coffee cream filling. Whew!

Comments (55)

• HU-787167202
    last year

PIc? What's a jojo?

sushipup2 thanked HU-787167202
  • Related Discussions

Cymbidium Find at Trader Joe's

Q

Comments (6)
    I don't know if you can get reblooms in your zone. I'm in Florida and they sell Cyms all over, but people can't get them to rebloom. It is too hot here. Good luck, Jane
    ...See More

Trader Joe's Joe Coulombe

Q

Comments (3)
    I knew the Albrecht group owned them but just thought they started Joe's. Aldi and Joe's both have an interesting background. Personally I've never understood nor seen the attraction of Trader Joe's. I seldom go there. Aldi? I go there more and more often. Apparently I'm more of a Twinkies person than tofu.
    ...See More

Trader Joes

Q

Comments (15)
    I love Trader Joe's. For me, it's a bonus that they don't have butchers. It meets the majority of my food shopping needs as they have most staples and a wide variety of organic produce, at least in California. Most of the produce is good, but sometimes some of it is less than impressive compared to something like Whole Foods. But it's also significantly less expensive. They always have interesting new things to try, and a ton of vegetarian frozen convenience food that is still reasonably healthy. But beyond the food is their customer service. By far the most friendly and helpful staff. I was debating once over two different types of chocolates to buy as a gift, and an employee came over and asked if she could help. I explained my dilemma and asked if she had a preference and to my surprise, she opened both packages right there to let me try them. I asked what happens to the rest of it, as I would have felt bad if it gets trashed just to let me try it, and she said it goes into the back as an employee treat. I like how they unload the cart for you, and have a no questions asked return policy if you don't like something. They also have great prices on flowers. Our house is full of orchids. The only negative for me is that it's always so crowded in the evenings and weekends, so I have to choose when I go to avoid being annoyed!
    ...See More

Red and White Striped mini from Trader Joe’s

Q

Comments (3)
    Helen, Thanks for the ID! Yes Gigi is exactly right from pictures on HMF. I spent time searching but could never find it, so it’s much appreciated. I am usually not drawn to stripped roses, but it was refusing to die and begging to be planted outside. And I do have a red and white rose theme going on in one part of my yard. HMF has a flower size mistake since these blooms are about 1.75” and definitely not 4”. I am pleased to see HMF says this won’t be a large plant. It just sent out a 12” cane with a few fat buds on top. How large do yours get?
    ...See More
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    last year

Jojo's are the Trader Joe's equivalent of Oreos. And many believe them to be much better :-))

sushipup2 thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • salonva
    last year

oh no so not only oreo covered in chocolate but coffee ice cream???????

Thankfully, I don't get to TJ often and even though they're maybe 2 within 10 miles, they are not my usual itinerary.......and then the weather will soon ( well actually today) be too warm to bring it back. But then again, this might be worth a trip.

Oh no I just checked and the 2 closest are under 8 miles. This is not good.

sushipup2 thanked salonva
  • DLM2000-GW
    last year

That would be the death of me. TJs is an hour+ from me as is Costco and normally I would complain about that. But coffee and chocolate is my love language. It speaks directly to my hips.

sushipup2 thanked DLM2000-GW
  • dedtired
    last year

I wish you could buy just one.

sushipup2 thanked dedtired
  • sushipup2
    Original Author
    last year

I got approached by a pusher offering a free sample. I was hooked.

• jojoco
    last year

It's a gateway cookie, Sushi. Next you'll be eating cookie butter out of the jar with a spoon.

sushipup2 thanked jojoco
  • Kathsgrdn
    last year

Now I want to make a trip to Trader Joes, but for those fruit flavored gummies.

sushipup2 thanked Kathsgrdn
  • whistle_b
    last year

I got ice cream sandwiches there last week. They were brownies filled with coffee ice cream! So Good! Thank goodness I live an hour and a half, so don't get there real often.

sushipup2 thanked whistle_b
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    last year

Kathsgrdn, I wish I had bought more than just one bag!! They are SO good! My closest TJ's is 35 minutes away so I don't go that often. I intend to stock up the next time I visit :-))

sushipup2 thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • Bestyears
    last year

Well, you guys are bad -I went. And I bought all the things.... jeez Louise. I also bought these, and holy guacamole, wish I bought their whole inventory:

Blueberry Hand. Pies

sushipup2 thanked Bestyears
  • lily316
    last year

Don't hate me but I live 1/4 mile from my Traders. I'm surprised none of you mentioned the lemon sheet cake. Yum!! And they had a pile which surprised me.

sushipup2 thanked lily316
  • maire_cate
    last year

For some reason I haven't fallen into the TJ routine. The closest one is about 5 miles and the parking lot is insane. Then they added on to the store and it's even busier. The aisles are narrow and it's difficult to navigate with a shopping cart. The last time I went I left my cart in an out of the way spot and walked around selecting items and then pacing them in my cart. The other one opened 2 years ago and is 6 miles in the opposite direction and I have yet to try it. Then every time we have a 'What's Good at TJ's' thread I add recommendations to my list and half the time they don't have them in the store.

sushipup2 thanked maire_cate
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

I've cut way back - only about 1X monthly now. They have certain things I can't get elsewhere, for sure. We have only one in the whole county, and it's about 20-30 minutes away.

Never not busy, but mid-weekday mornings and late on a Sunday are more manageable. Never going again on a Saturday, if I can help it.

I think they might have plans for another - hope it's closer.

sushipup2 thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • Funkyart
    last year

I am probably about 3 mi from our new Trader Joe's.. and unlike many of the stores, the parking lot is ridiculously large and easy to maneuver.

I don't have any interest in the jo jos (I don't like chocolate and I really dislike oreos) ... but you had me at Lemon Cake. 🍋🍋❤️

sushipup2 thanked Funkyart
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    last year

I went to Trader Joe's twice today. This morning I got some crackers, half n half, cinnamon and that chicken salad that Glenda recommended I think. The one with the cranberries and pecans. Well I'm having company tomorrow and was going to use that then. But then I took just a taste and ended up eating the whole thing so I went back again tonight and got another one. And I also picked up that lemon sheetcake. It looks scrumptious and I will make sure I wait until my company comes to eat that! And now I must make another shopping list of the things shared today.

sushipup2 thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • Gooster
    last year

this thread is extremely dangerous. now all I can think about is coffee jojos, fruit gummies, lemon cake, and chocolate babka, of course. I like their naan and chana masala as well.

sushipup2 thanked Gooster
  • Judi
    last year

The seasonal coffee bean mini ice cream cones are back. Dh buys a couple boxes every visit.

https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/coffee-bean-hold-the-cone-mini-ice-cream-cones-070297

sushipup2 thanked Judi
  • localeater
    last year

Ooh, we have a trip to Portland booked the weekend after Easter and TJ’s is on on my list. I wonder what my TJ’s will have?

sushipup2 thanked localeater
  • Kswl
    last year

I live 1.5+ hours from a TJ’s and never go, as my one and only visit was not a success. But those hand pies, Holy Toledo!

🎉🎊🍾🥳👏🏻🎈🪅

sushipup2 thanked Kswl
  • 4kids4us
    last year

I haven't tried them myself but I heard the chocolate mousse eggs are delicious - they were on the baked goods table at my TJ's. There were six I think, inside a clear container. I bought them yesterday and put them in an Easter care package I sent to my daughter. Hopefully they don't melt along the way.

sushipup2 thanked 4kids4us
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    last year

I think all the parking lots at all the Trader Joe's are small and crowded. The way I work it is, DH drops me then drives off someplace he can still see the door of the store. When I come out - having no idea where he is - I kind of jump up and down and wave. He sees me and that white truck comes rolling up for me and my bags. Sort of: Knight on a white horse but not quite.

Now, how do I get brownie and coffee ice cream sandwiches home an hour away without them being ruined....I'll work on that.

sushipup2 thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • Feathers11
    last year

I live 5 minutes from a TJ's and I love their flowers. It's my go-to quick stop when invited to a casual dinner. I'll pick up flowers and something seasonal, like their rosemary nuts during the holidays.

During the winter months, I buy their eucalyptus for myself. Once, the check-out person asked if I was using it in my shower... no, but that was a good idea!

sushipup2 thanked Feathers11
  • lisa_fla
    last year

Eileen they have jarred Morello Cherries at Aldi. i saw them there last week in the seasonal foods aisle

sushipup2 thanked lisa_fla
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    last year

I've seen the cherries at Safeway too, but at 3 x the price of Trader Joe's.

sushipup2 thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • lily316
    last year

Our TJs parking lot is great. Ours opened exactly one year ago which means I have been there 52 times. Things I always get are vanilla bean yogurt, super bread, lemon curd, wine country chicken salad, coffee mini cones, and chocolate/raspberry ice cream...I think I've gained a couple of pounds since they opened.

• ratherbesewing
    last year

I recently picked up this product after reading about it. The original Unexpected Cheddar comes in a block form and this new version is a spread. Yummy.

sushipup2 thanked ratherbesewing
  • Kathsgrdn
    last year

I'm 25 miles or so from my closest one. It's on one of the worst streets in Lexington and hate driving on it. I avoid the weekend if I go there for sure. It doesn't seem to be as bad if you go earlier in the day on a weekday.

• chloebud
    last year

We’re very close to a couple TJ’s that have large parking lots due to anchor stores like Target. Definitely plenty of parking. Also lots of TJ’s here in SoCal that likely helps with parking issues. I’m there 2-3 times a week.

It’s rare that we don’t have their Joe-Joe’s on hand. My favorite, along with our grandkids, are the Vanilla Bean JJ’s.

Something cute at TJ’s this time of year are the bunny planters.🐰

sushipup2 thanked chloebud
  • happy2b…gw
    last year

Chloe beat me to it. Here is my TJ bunny planter. Not sure what the plant is, but it is adorable.

sushipup2 thanked happy2b…gw
  • lily316
    last year

Unexpected cheddar spread is one we are never without. But I can't get thru the front door without buying plants and flowers. I always now year-round have a vase of cut flowers and I've also bought a ton of ferns and other plants.

• chloebud
    last year

@happy2b…gw, so cute!

• chloebud
    last year

@Bestyears, I saw those blueberry/lemon hand pies. I’m going to TJ’s later today…hmmm…

Regarding cheese, this one’s pretty tasty.

DH has been obsessed with with these lately…dipped in their Bruschetta Sauce.

• Judi
    last year

The Unexpected Cheddar Chicken Sausages are pretty good too.

https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/unexpected-cheddar-chicken-sausage-074048

sushipup2 thanked Judi
  • OllieJane
    last year

I average going to Trader Joe's twice a month. EVERYTIME I get Dark Chocolate Orange Covered Sticks and eat them all the way home (about 30 mins) and as soon I as I get home, throw about half the bag I didn't eat into our outside trash! So, I won't finish them off the rest of the night! Not a good look for me, I know LOL

sushipup2 thanked OllieJane
  • salonva
    last year

I;m reading all the delights and wondering how people do it. I measure myself today to see about ordering clothing online ( instead of guessing my size) and had quite the reality check.

Ollie, I have similar willpower and in the past, I was known to toss goodies out in messy trash. I have less than zero willpower.

Those coffee oreo jojos are calling my name and I;m so happy that the TJ's near me are not on my normal paths and the parking is terrible. I hope it stays that way.

((my waist is what my hips used to be. I love food))

• Fun2BHere
    last year

I don't love chocolate, thank goodness, so the new JoeJoe's don't appeal to me. I have to say, we tried the blueberry hand pies and threw them away after a couple of bites. I guess everyone experiences thing differently. I didn't see the lemon cake at my store, but it is under renovation so they are keeping their inventory pretty low.

sushipup2 thanked Fun2BHere
  • sjerin
    last year

Fun, my husband threw them out too. He rarely throws out food and we usually enjoy TJ offerings, but not those.

sushipup2 thanked sjerin
  • nini804
    last year

There’s one about 8 miles from us…I’d never been. However, I am now obsessed with those bunny planters 🐰🐇😍 and shall go today!

sushipup2 thanked nini804
  • Eileen
    last year

I saw two posts by salonva about the Joe-Joe's in the OP where she says that they are filled with coffee ice cream. That would be awesome but they are filled with cream so you won't find them in the frozen foods.

sushipup2 thanked Eileen
  • Bestyears
    last year

ohno, Fun2BHere, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm kind of famous in my family as 'the pie maker' and don't often love purchased pies, but I thought those were absolutely delicious.

• Judi
    last year

My husband also loved the Blueberry & Lemon Hand Pies. I was impressed they used an all butter crust.

sushipup2 thanked Judi
  • chloebud
    last year

“that. I'm kind of famous in my family as 'the pie maker' and don't often love purchased pies…”

Bestyears, I can relate! I’m a huge lemon lover and puchased items can often have that imitation lemon taste to me.

BTW, have you tried TJ’s Apple Blossoms in the frozen section?

• salonva
    last year

thank you @Eileen. I definitely misunderstood. I may, possibly, maybe, be able to withstand that temptation. I was thinking of a frozen treat and I love coffee ice cream. Thank you for clarifying.

• Kathsgrdn
    last year

I've been holding off on a trip there but may have to go next week when the weather warms back up. It's been cold and rainy the last two days. I need to stock back up on coffee and try the gummies, and maybe get a bunny planter or two lol.

• Eileen
    last year

I love coffee ice cream too, salonva. Lily mentioned mentioned coffee mini cones. Next time I'll check out the ice cream freezer.

sushipup2 thanked Eileen
  • Bestyears
    last year

oh chloe -yum, DH loves apple pie and I rarely make it anymore because it is a lot of work (and a lot of pie) for just the two of us. Will definitely try those.

• chloebud
    last year

You can see there are just two per package and they’re pretty small. Perfect for just the two of us. Been buying them for years. We tend to have them for breakfast.☺️ Use the oven for them, not the microwave.

• Kathsgrdn
    last year

Well, I just got back from Trader Joes. Went to get flowers, instant coffee, gummies (mentioned above), dog biscuits for Chewie and possibly something to pop in the oven for upcoming game night. Ended up with a whole lot more. I knew it would happen, though, because it always does. I picked up the above mentioned coffee bean mini cone ice creams. I almost got some of the cheddar cheese spread but then remembered I had a block and shredded already at home. So, I got some brie instead. lol.

Currently eating a frozen Cuban meal I also picked up, chicken, black beans, plantains, lime and rice. It tastes okay but has a mushy consistency that isn't great. I also got a huge, beautiful eggplant. The ones in the stores are normally half rotten so I was really excited.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!