SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pwhite43

Neuffer windows

pwhite43
last year

Does anyone have experience with Neuffer windows? We have a bid for our new build in the Colorado mountains. We like EU build quality and efficiency is extremely important (net zero, right envelope etc).
Their bid is somewhat less that Yawal and Unilux, and the sample quality is consistent.
Thanks!

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    last year

What sort of glazing were they quoting and what were the efficiency numbers like?

• pwhite43
    Original Author
    last year

Unless you can offer a similar product - low U, triple glazed, aluminum over wood for high altitude delivered to Colorado, not engaging. Thanks

• Chris Mayer
    last year

• just_janni
    last year

A short look at Windows on Washington's posts show s/he is a valuable contributor and willing to help with support / guidance. The OPs response was out of line.... Wow.

• pwhite43
    Original Author
    last year

My bad and not meant to be curt, sorry. Just am not looking for other bids, but surely open to specific views on this specific manufacturer. They don’t have US dealers so it’s a leap of faith to go with them without some first hand experience.

• oberon476
    last year

Do you have a particular reason for wanting Euro windows or this company specifically since they don't really have a North American presence?

• pwhite43
    Original Author
    last year

Performance and construction are the drivers. The home will be very high efficiency, tight envelop etc and this company provided us with a bid significantly below Unilux and some US manufactures of similar construction - wood/aluminum.
    It’s a little less than in price than Zola (heard mixed things about their support), Alpen and Cascadia. We have several bids, now to make a definitive choice.
    House is at 9600ft.

• PRO
    last year

Whether this manufacturer or another, the issue with overseas will always be with delivery and service after the fact. At 9,600 feet, I suspect there will be some shipping and transit challenges. That is the only concern when it comes to an overseas supplier as contrast to something in the States or North America. Having gotten windows from Canada before, I can tell you it is a far cry easier than from Europe or China.

• pwhite43
    Original Author
    last year

I do apologize for my initial comment to you - I’m in the DC area and I took it as seeking a sale - we’ve tried locally and no one seems to support a build in CO. I see you’re a strong contributor here - it’s a new site for us. Support is one of our concerns - but they supplied another build nearby recently.

• oberon476
    last year

The primary concern that I would have is survivability of the IG units built in Germany and how they perform at 9600' once installed. If the window is built at altitude (at least 5000' give or take a little) and if they include argon fill in a sealed IG unit, then it would work except that they have to ship the windows to you at sea level and then back up to 9600'.

If the IGU's are built 'at more of a "flatland" elevation then how do they compensate for the altitude where they will be installed?

• PRO
    last year

Well...you did say the build was in Colorado in the original post. While I may have gone to school there and love the state, it's not my current place of residence. We hope to open a branch there, but the question was not from a place of solicitation.

I think Oberon's comments are, not surprisingly, spot on. At nearly 10,000 feet, I'd really want to make sure my IGU supplier was somewhere that I could get service from. This isn't a "run of the mill" type application between the strength of the sun and altitude. Given those compounding factors, I would say that the rate of service requirements on the windows will go up a decent bit here.

• PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    last year

Best window for your target build is likely already known locally as there are plenty of high end "price is no object" window purchasing there already. In addition to issues below by WoW & Oberon, you would want to consider protecting a home load of windows thru the overseas shipping and port handling process, Consider a dedicated container from manufacturer to your house. We've had plenty of product arrive with extensive damage over the past 3 years due packing unable to withstand poor handling. Multiple loads of tile. Slightly bent steel door frame. Broken interior glass doors. US produced windows are usually shipped via truck without these issues.