SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shri_reddy

Need suggestions on landscape design

SK Red
last year

I am trying to think through some design ideas on what improvements I can make to to the area highlighted in pic 1 to add a pergola and garden bed.

We moved into a new house and in the backyard, there is a patch roughly about (1650) of rough patch. I don't want to add additional sod/grass to the patch. I was thinking if I can utilize the space to build a pergola and a garden bed. For the pergola area I was thinking on getting concrete pavers and maybe a 14X12 size pergola. For the garden beds I could do a raised garden bed.

I made a rough sketch of the design and I am trying to think through on what would be the best access path to the pergola/garden bed. Path2 looks like optimal, however this would be in the middle of the lawn. Path 1 is slightly longer, however it would be in the middle of the lawn. What are your thoughts on this.

One concern that I have with the patio is that there is a slight grading downward. Would I need retaining wall?

What should I be adding in the empty space around pergola and garden bed? I don't have plans for getting fence at the moment, however I want to leave enough space to move around.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Comments (2)