SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
honey_pie

Color for detached garage?

honey_pie
last year
last modified: last year

Hello- looking for some help deciding on a color for our breezeway and detached garage. We are re-siding it with cedar shake vinyl shingles and getting a new garage door. We are not re-siding the entire house so it will stay brown. Our front door is the same red as the garage. We do plan on getting a new front door (not pictured) and redoing the casing around the front door, so both could be painted a different color. There is a door under the breezeway that's also being changed so that one can be painted as well. I'm thinking we'd keep the two doors the same color. We have storm windows on the house that have red trim, but at some point in the next couple of years we hope to replace them. There is a shed in the back yard that you can see through the breezeway that is red.

The shingle samples our contractor gave us don't have an exact match to our house. We pulled out the darkest browns and a reddish brown, and none are close. We are really struggling to figure out what color to do the breezeway, garage door, and front doors, while keeping the house the same brown as shown. I like black with the color brown the house is but my husband does not want to do black siding. We were thinking keeping the doors red, doing the garage door black, and then the siding....? I think doing the breezeway/detached garage a different color than the house is fine but just want it to look good. Any help, or ideas on how/where to find help would be SO appreciated!!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio