SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mdgoodw

What to do with cleared woodland patch? Woodland wildflower garden?

mdgoodw
last year

Hi! We recently had some fallen trees removed from our side yard and the company doing the work recommended we go over the rest of the smaller fallen logs/leaves with a forestry mulcher. Its a big improvement from the mess it was before but we need to come up with a landscape plan now. The wooded area I'm talking about is on a slight sloping hill and is in view when people enter/exit the neighborhood, so I want something that looks nice and natural but not a ton of maintenance. It's a fairly decent sized area, maybe 1/4 of an acre. I don't really want to put down grass and mow and do a lot of mulching around the trees either. I love the look of a romantic woodland wildflower gardens, and think this wooded patch would be nice for one. How do I achieve that look, so that it looks purposeful and not really messy? Is there a book or a blog I can read? How do I choose which seeds? Or is this whole woodland wildflower thing a terrible idea and there is something else I should be considering? Help me make this woodland patch beautiful! I'm in Maryland Zone 7. Thank you!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor