SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tastie_cereale

Ideas for new kitchen 15' x ~ 8'.

Hi all,

I have a small house my dad built in the 80's. The current kitchen is totally 80's and very small (10' x 8') and VERY dark. It has a single, fixed, very narrow window.

I am getting bids for a remodel and will be knocking down wall to bathroom, increasing kitchen footprint to 15' x 8' give or take a few inches where the wall will be removed. The exterior wall of the kitchen faces south. There is a deck on that side of the house.

My goal is to install a wall of windows on the south wall, probably casement windows (not too worried about people walking into them) to get all the light and the beautiful view. This is in the PNW, so there's never too much sun, and the view is of pine forest.

I have been trying to figure out a way have all my windows AND fit a stove (must be at least 12" away from any window), AND have enough cabinets. Ideally there would be a small breakfast bar area of counter space along the south window wall . I have used a rudimentary kitchen design website, and I'm feeling like there's not going to be much room.

I've searched these forums and the web to find similarly sized kitchens with lots of windows, but not finding much.

if anyone has worked with a similar set up/size, I'd love to see pics. Or any thoughts on appliance/cabinet placement, that would also be great.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH