SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendy_white51

How to improve the curb appeal in my house?

Wendy White
last year
last modified: last year

Hello!We have a house that has a large front yard, therefore the house sits pretty far off of the road. We also have several trees which shades some of the flower beds and causes the other beds to have full afternoon sun. I've been trying to add flowering plants in front of our holly bushes to add color but I'm always having problems with things growing well in these areas. I also have had a vole problem in recent years that we are trying to fix.My husband has always hated the Holly bushes and would love to dig them up. However, that would leave the house looking quite bare since they are covering about 90% of the front of the house. So we never got rid of them. But now that we've had a really hard cold snap in December that is not normal for our area (below zero temperatures in middle TN), most of the bushes on the front of the house look freezer burnt and are possibly dead. I'm not sure if they will come back or not but we will see soon. In the meantime, I would love some ideas on what I can do to improve the curb appeal on our house. Should we look into other evergreen type bushes? What kinds of plants would look best?Thank you for reading!
I will add a picture once I figure out how

Comments (12)