SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Good afternoon!

Kathsgrdn
last year

Hope everyone is doing good today, especially those in California with all the rain they're getting.

It's cold here and rainy. I can't wait for Spring. I've been very busy this past week. Going around buying/ordering the final things needed to get my bathroom and bedroom floor fixed. They're going to start the demolition next week.

Had a friend staying here while she waited for her new-to-her home to be closed on. It was nice having company but I also like being alone. She helped me fix some curtain rods that were barely hanging on. I thought there was only one coming out of the wall but all of them had loose screws. Funny how you don't notice things when you are busy working/living. All but one are fixed now and after trying multiple ways to fix the last one, I bought large command strip hooks from Amazon and extra large command strips to make them hold the curtain and rod more securly and hope it works. I got the idea from watching a youtube video and just being frustrated with my wall. I'll find out if it works tomorrow when they come in the mail.

My dog, Chewie, had surgery Wednesday to remove a lesion on his toe, since he was going to be under anyway, decided to have 3 fatty tumors removed too, after the vet suggested it. They found a 4th tumor and another lesion on his foot after they shaved him. Poor guy was miserable the first night and so was I. He's doing much better today. He goes for a dressing change on his foot today.

Now am working on moving all my stuff out of my bedroom and off the floor of my closet so they can pull up the flooring. Only good thing about sleeping in the small bedroom is that it's in the middle of the house and is the warmest room. I hope they get the work done quickly as my son is coming for a visit next month. I think he'd prefer to sleep in the bigger bed and not one of the twin beds in the other bedroom. Thinking of replacing those twins with one big bed. Or just move the full bed in there and sell the twins. Keeping the small bedroom a grow light/storage room? Not like I have a lot of visitors anyway.

Now I'm just rambling. How's your week going?

Comments (12)