SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Quality of Levolor roller shades?

mxk3 z5b_MI
last year
last modified: last year

Went to the store to order Bali wood blinds, but was browsing through the sample books while she was working on the quote and darn if I didn't find a Levolor roller shade textured fabric that I really, really, really like -- a roller shade yes but not the really modern fabric of the solar shades. I checked out the sample book so I can see how much light comes thru at night (can't get a liner with this one), I'm going back tomorrow or the day after to order either the shade or the blinds, I gotta get my hind end moving on this already.

Anyway, my question is about Levolor quality. The previous owners of this house put in Levolor roller shades and they are terrible - just terrible - quality. The material above the pull bar across the bottom ripped, so I have no pull bar, and the bottoms got all torn up, and when they roll up they don't roll straight up on the mechanism (meaning the materials doesn't lie straight on top itself at the top, with every roll the material moves slightly inward away from other material -- I'm not sure the right words to describe this). I don't know if these shades were bargain-basement off the shelf or custom order, but I'm hesitant to spend ~$300 a shade if they end up a torn-up mess like the Levolors that are there now. In contrast, I have a Bali solar shade in the bathroom and after at least 4 years of daily up and down it looks and works as good as the day it was installed. So I'm hesitant about the Levolor, regardless of how nice the material is.

So what's the poop on Levolor quality?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio