SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcgowan35

Please tell me about your experience with appliance pulls

chicagoans
last year
last modified: last year

I've searched old posts and haven't found info, the appliance store was busy and I didn't get all my q's answered, so asking all you great folks here.

I'm just starting my search for appliance pulls (Bosch panel ready fridge, DW, maybe KA warming drawer) and I'd like to get coordinating cabinet pulls.

So many questions:

• Is zinc sturdy enough for an appliance pull? (I started looking for solid brass, but mostly finding zinc.)
  • Is it better to order pulls from the fridge manufacturer and not worry about matching to cabinets? (I couldn't find info on metal used for Bosch pulls.)
  • Bosch (and other brands) appliance pulls are super long - like 30". Is that length necessary for fridge doors? (I've seen so many that are much shorter, including on my KD's own fridge and she has had no issues after 4+ years.) I'm looking at 18" pulls -- too short?
  • Have you mixed pull styles between different types of appliances? (e.g. fridge vs DW) How about mixed between appliances and cabinets?

If it matters and you don't mind reading on... we're planning white cabinets warmed up with wood accents in a contemporary look (we have some beautiful Herman Miller chairs and other MCM items that will be in an adjoining room, but don't want a strictly modern vibe.) We considered flat panel, but are leaning toward Shaker cabinets with a thin stile as below. Probably satin nickel pulls and faucet.

TIA!

Comments (13)