SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
service1956

Is this P.V.C drain legal according to plumbing code?

service1956
last year

My wife and I had a new house built. We love it. But, we had a problem. The night before Christmas my wife came to me and said that the toilet would not flush. Used a plunger for about 30 minutes with no results. So I went to the basement to look at the drain plumbing for that toilet. I also found that the two sinks in the same bathroom would not drain. So I knew the flow was not blocked inside the toilet. So I took a picture of where I thought the blockage was.

The 90 degree bend on the left dropping down is for the toilet. The middle 45 degree bend is for the two sinks that would not drain. I could hear a faint trickle inside the pipe in the area of the second 90 degree bend on the right. So I figured that was where the blockage was. After about almost an hour, I went back up and flushed the toilet. Got lucky!! The blockage cleared itself and had no problem sense then. My question is this: Is that 90 degree elbow on the right legal according to code? I'm thinking there should have been two 45s installed to cut down that sharp bend. I live in Michigan

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths