SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
james_bob27

Design help with very high end but dated 5th wheel RV

James bob
last year
last modified: last year

I am going to simply provide a PDF link to the original brochure as it has many pictures that show off the dated decor. The issue is these are otherwise very high quality trailers, but I simply cannot handle the interior and because I won't get a dime of my efforts back, I am trying to limit the expenditure. I am hoping to add some bold accents. We do have a professional wood shop so wood products are covered.

There is just a LOT of the same solid Maple everywhere! Like a LOT! I was considering coating all the wood with a "poly-stain", but that will still be an extreme adventure. What is 'not' possible is replacing all the wood as it is built into the trailer. I was considering removing all the "engraved inlays" and replacing with dark stained Walnut, as well as all the trim corners to create a sort of "two tone" wood effect??

What is certain is that floor has to change! What is typically used in these is vinyl plank flooring for durability. Real wood is not good practice. I want to get as much carpet out as I can. But I am very torn in what wood tone would help this situation? I love the rustic look so I like dark or multi tone barnwood type looks. It would need to either work with the existing wood color, or I might have to resort to coating all the wood, but I have concerns I cannot match the quality that is already there.

The furniture has to go! I like synthetic or real leather, but the stuff in there is well made!

I am also unsure about new cabinet hardware. It has to change but not sure if black or stainless would be best? Or a style?

PLEASE HELP ME!! I am so lost here. A LOT has to change.

link

https://suitesowners.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2004DRVMobileSuites.pdf

Comments (19)