SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackdup_gw

Which brand of mower & front or rear wheel drive

jackdup
15 years ago

I have a Craftsman self propelled mower which is now probably about 12 years old. The mower is great and bags wonderfully, but now is getting hard to start, and smokes a little, so think it is time for a new mower.

About 8 years ago I had a Toro, and I didn't mind the mower but once the bag was about half full it started dropping the clippings on the lawn, which I found very irritating. If the grass was even a little damp it plugged up all the time.

Prior to that I had a Lawn-Boy and said I would never own another as it was terrible for bagging and was forever plugged up and leaving clippings on the lawn.

I haven't owned a Toro or Lawn-Boy for many years based on past experience, but realize these mowers may have improved over the years, so am looking for some recommendations.

I would love a Honda but can't see paying the prices they want

I have been considering another Craftsman just based on the performance of my current mower, but again realize over the years the new Craftsman mowers may not be the same quality as the one I currently have, so not sure what to buy.

Would certainly appreciate any recommendations. Price is not the main consideration. Bagging is reasonably high on the list.

Also looking for recommendations on whether front wheel or rear wheel is the best. My lawn is pretty flat and even so traction on hills is not an issue.

Thank you

Comments (9)