SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

Help - Need New Vacuum Cleaner

Helen
last year

My cleaning lady managed to break my vacuum cleaner and so I need to replace it.

It was an old Kenmore canister - probably 20 years old or more. Maybe it could be fixed but who knows.

I was never very attached to the clunky thing but it was a war horse.

I am fine with replacing it but when I went to amazon to order one, the choices are overwhelming and like anything the reviews are all over the place.

My vaccum needs are pretty basic and minimal. I live in a condo with wood floors and three low pile area rugs. No pets - no major tracking of dirt or grime. Since I live in a high rise by the time anyone enters my apartment with their shoes, most of the grit and grime from the streets would have been deposited on the common area tile and carpets.

I don't vacuum as having it vacuumed once a week when the cleaning lady comes is quite sufficient.

I am leaning towards getting an upright bagless with a cord. I lean towards the cord since I wouldn't want the vacuum to run out of power while the cleaning lady is here.

I am willing to spend an appropriate amount but a Dyson $600 vacuum seems like overkill for my limited needs. Shark vacuums seem to be well reviewed but so many models and I am not sure which one is most suitable for my minimal needs.

Comments (34)