SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feathers11

Jinx and other furniture project mavens, wwyd?

Feathers11
last year

I bought the small dresser below from FB marketplace during the pandemic as a project. It's sat in my garage for 2 years, and I need to either refinish it, or put it back on FBM.

The dimensions are 40w by 29 high, perfect for a large nightstand. This has better storage than my current nightstand, so that's what I would use it for. The drawers are functional, and overall it's in decent shape.

I don't think I want to paint it. Instead, I've been considering stripping the finish, sanding it to bare wood, and using a wood wax, for a bare wood look. That seems like a quick option--and if I want to stain or paint it later, I can. I do like that my piece has very little detail, so shouldn't be tedious to strip.

Would you recommend this approach? Any suggestions/tips? I'd like to get this done, this weekend. TIA!!

Pics of dresser--sorry for the haze. It's sunny here today.

I think mine would end up similar to this finish, which might be a bit too... unfinished. Would you just go ahead and give it a coat of poly, rather than just the wood wax?

credit: https://www.shadesofblueinteriors.com/vintage-dresser-gets-modern-makeover/

Comments (5)