SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

What do you know about Aiken, SC?

3katz4me
last year

We are considering this as a possible MN winter getaway location - selling one of our MN homes and buying something there. We haven't made a trip there yet but will probably do so in the not-too-distant future. I think DH is close to selling his business and then we can go wherever we want. We're pondering a variety of options including not going anywhere but the idea of milder winters is becoming more appealing.

We've ruled out Florida as too crowded (especially in winter) even though we have a lot of friends either living there full time or going there in the winter. We've decided we don't want to be in a coastal area of SC because of hurricane and flood risk. We don't need really warm winter weather but warm enough for outdoor activities where you don't run the risk of falling on the ice and breaking your neck. We like woods, nature, green space, etc. but want to be in a community where we'll get to know people. Among other ways, I think that can be accomplished if you are part of a golf club which would likely be the case though I'm not the country club type. The golf clubs we are a part of in MN are pretty laid back.

Comments (32)