SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eric_kondel

Want to replace my windows, crazy estimates, need advice

Eric
last year

So my current windows in the house I bought are about 35+ year old and really cheap vinyl type, mix of casement and gliders.
I wanted to replace them with all double hung, no grids no special additions. Most windows are 30ish wide x 45ish high. Got a few that are 34x34 and 2 that are 27x84 glider in the main floor.
So far Renewal by Andersen quoting me 46k for 14 windows. Pella wants 25k for 14 windows and it their 250 series. I had 2 other companies out just for the 27x84 glider cause I needed them the most and I was quoted $2800 for a slocomb glider or $4800 for a casement picture style. Then Ecoview who windows seem to be a.simonton window they brand.themself wanted $4850 to put 4 awnings style windows in place of the 27x84 gliders.
End of day if like to do all my windows and be done with it but Im having trouble locating a good vinyl window or probably better said an installer who will stand.behind the install for years but still get a reasonable price. I would have assumed 15-16k in this market could get me 14 windows installed. No crazy large sizes I'm working with and even dropping to double hung over casement.
Is there a specific brand window I should look into? How best to find certified.installers of said windows? Really need any help or advice I can get. Thanks!

Comments (14)