SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohdonnaf

Drain assembly for Duravit Vero bathroom sink?

ohdonnaf
last year

Hi all.

I want to install the Duravit Vero 033043 & 033048 sinks but I do not like push-down-pop-up drain stoppers like the one Duravit sells for their sinks (pictured below).

Anyone have or installed a Duravit sink (I think they only sell 1 drain assembly) and used anything different, even if just at the top?

I know an alternative is possible because I have a Duravit sink which was installed back in 2011 (different city, can't find anyone from that team who would know) and after they installed the sink and I saw that it had a “push-down-pop-up drain stopper, which I now know was most likely the Duravit 005052 Push Button Drain Assembly, I said "No, thank you", and when I came back my drain had something which looks like what you see below here in it's place and I was fine with it.

I have no idea what the plumbers did years agoa after I rejected the push-down-pop-up drain stopper. Did they remove the entire drain assembly (or would that have been too much work?) or did they just unscrew the "push-button part" and popped in that drain grid cover?

I am fine with doing the same type of drain this time around too, but I don't know how to do it. I don't know what I should be looking for. I found the Elkay LK9 drain assembly (pic below) and I like that it looks like the grid can be popped out or cleaning, but will it work for the Duravit sinks? I'm not even sure if it's for a bathroom sink!

The Elkay LK9 specs says it's for sinks with 2” openings and that the tailpiece is 1-1/4” (which I guess is what is needed for bathroom sink drains?), but the diameter of the top piece is 2-7/8” so I don't know if that will be a problem or ithat is what I want! (Elkay also have a few other 2" openings one with differen sized tailpieces.). Is Elkay an OK brand?

I ill be using chrome faucets but I don't think polished stainless at the drain would bother me as much as the big chrome "runway" on the Duravit assembly.

Anyone install a Duravit Vero sink and used a non-Duravit drain assembly (even if different that the solution I am asking for as that might still help) or have any other thoughts to my other questions above (about what the plumbers from back then might have done?).

My old sink is in a different state and my old place is rented out so I cannot check the old sink.

Any helpful advice about this (besides "get a grip and reach into the sink")? ;)

Thanks!

Comments (13)