SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_358628242

How much should my front porch with wraparound deck addition cost??

HU-358628242
last year

Hello, I am in the process of getting a front porch added to my home. The porch will have a shed roof and the front porch area will be 320 sq ft. The ceiling will be natural wood and it will have 8 canister lights and electrical for the addition of two fans. The flooring will be composite decking and will have one set of stairs to a concrete path that leads to the driveway. Additionally, we are looking to add composite decking off the front porch (with railing) to wrap around the house and connect with our back decking. This wraparound portion will be 28ft x 6ft,

In designing this porch with wraparound decking, I have been quoted $115,000. Does this sound accurate?? I was particularly surprised by the estimate breakdown, which included $55,000 for the roof structure of the front porch.

I understand its a large job, they will need to demolish some columns and re-work the existing roofline but again, I was particularly surprised by the new roof addition at $55,000. I'm happy to provide more details and any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments (3)