SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessica_lasda

Master suite addition- layout help needed.

We are putting on a 32x24 addition on the back left side of the house. The first floor will be the family room. The second floor will be our master suite.

We have an inground pool already and a small lot, so the space to add on is limited. The 24 is as wide as we can go with zoning. We could go out a bit farther than 32 if we need to.

The problem is the layout of the second-floor master suite. The 24x32 layout juts off the back of the house, and we will cut in the second floor by blowing out my daughter's bedroom to enter the space.

-Note of interest- we have killer views out the back of our house, and we want lots of windows to capture it.

This might be my one shot to make a stunning master suite, and I don't want to blow it. I'm not in love with the existing layout the architect suggested. Please help:)

Wishlist for the bathroom: large walk-in shower with bench (probably 6x5 or 7x6), maybe a soaking tub if we can fit it, two good-sized vanities, makeup table, hidden away toilet and bidet, linen storage, natural light.

Closet wishlist- large and walk-in preferred.

Wishlist for flow- want it to flow nicely and have pleasing "oohs and ahhs" as you turn corners and open doors.

Issues I've run into so far-

1-I don't know how to design this without a huge hallway into the main bedroom.

2- I don't know where to put the bed so it looks good when you come into the room, you can still get a view but watch TV without the sun also ruining the tv watching.

3- I would like a nice sitting area included if at all possible.

4- It would be great to have some interesting lines/details and not just four flat walls for the main area.

Comments (17)