SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jewels_ks

My mom passed away last Saturday

jewels_ks
last year

The last few weeks have just ben so hard. My mom has been going down hill with her dementia over the last few years but even faster the last 6 months or so. I usually visited my mom about 2 times a week and up until the last few weeks she always knew who I was and even after that she had some memory that I was someone she knew. Recently I had been getting worried about how much weight she had lost, but no one else really seemed to be concerned. A little over a month ago all three of her kids and some grandkids were able to get together for a lunch and it is now so special that we did that. About 2 weeks ago she went to the ER due to diarrhea, she had to wait in a room in the ER for about 10 hours, then up to a room for a few days until she went to the Hospice floor. She blood pressure was really high and her heart rate was all over the place. She was very chatty the first night, but by the end she did not even wake-up for about a week. She went home with Hospice and lasted about 2 days. This Saturday we are having a Celebration of Life.

Comments (63)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!