Exposed washing machines?

sushipup2 thanked Judi
  • roarah
    last year

very British.

sushipup2 thanked roarah
  • Fori
    last year

That was overall pretty stupid. Guess those antique Persian rugs look cheap.

I agree that LED strip lighting (as shown--not used for lighting under a cabinet, for example) is kinda tacky but the rest of that list is wannabe-elitist garbage.

sushipup2 thanked Fori
  • gigitn
    last year

Actually, I agree that many of those things are unfortunate when I see them!

sushipup2 thanked gigitn
  • Fori
    last year

BBstx, I'm gonna see if my washer will marry me now that I know what she'll wear.

sushipup2 thanked Fori
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year
    last modified: last year

I will stand up for Ikea drawers, though they do not ever look upscale.

Love the list. Little to disagree with. It's just for fun.

sushipup2 thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Bunny
    last year

I have one thing to say to those writers and it would get me booted off this genteel site.

sushipup2 thanked Bunny
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    last year

Lists like this are like horoscopes to me. Generated for cheap content. Totally disposable.

sushipup2 thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Oakley
    last year

The replies gave me the biggest LOL of the day.

In England there's a lot of washing machines in the kitchen, in regular people's houses.

I'm guilty of #8 but that's just too bad. I love it, and mine is brushed silver. Booby or not, I do not care. :)

sushipup2 thanked Oakley
  • pricklypearcactus
    last year

Strongly disagree with #14 Patterned Duvet Covers. Why do we have to all have boring plain bedding? I like throwing a little pattern into the room.

Really disagree with #15 Bright Colored Walls as well. My current house is painted a very neutral tone, but that's a preference (ok mine came this way) not a "cheap" vs "not cheap" thing. Some people love bright colors and others like neutral or dark and moody.

sushipup2 thanked pricklypearcactus
  • sas95
    last year

Creased bedding? That's hilarious.

sushipup2 thanked sas95
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Definitely clickbait.

I think I've seen that listicle on Bored Panda before - if not, then something very similar. Lately I keep seeing the same article in my newsfeed headed something like 'I'm an interior designer and this decor makes your home look cheap' 🙄

I've come to hate that type of content. I recall when I was young, magazines like Glamour, etc. would have fashion dos and don'ts photos and I would take it to heart. Now I know better than to pay attention to it. It's basically all meant to get people to buy stuff.

I agree the comments are good.

sushipup2 thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • gsciencechick
    last year

Oh gosh, the comments below each post are gold.

Guilty of #13. Have W/D in the kitchen. And I decluttered the kitchen counter this weekend, so not guilty of that one anymore, LOL. 😆

sushipup2 thanked gsciencechick
  • happy2b…gw
    last year

I'd like to see their list of things that make your home look expensive.

sushipup2 thanked happy2b…gw
  • bbstx
    last year

Creased bedding? That's hilarious.

@sas95, you haven’t mastered the art of levitating just above your mattress to prevent creases in your sheets??? For shame!!

sushipup2 thanked bbstx
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

One of my favorite books is watching the British, written by a social anthropologist, and one of the ongoing themes throughout the whole book is variations in the different classes. The middle class are often very neat and clean and clutter-free and trendy while much of the very lower classes are somewhat slovenly, but the upper classes are equally filthy with dog hair and old furniture and urine stained antique rugs and a general air of despair. So if you don't do it right, you're going to look very bourgeois. Like you're trying too hard.

It's a good book!

Oh and the royals have their own class and ways.

sushipup2 thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • arcy_gw
    last year

I would use a different word than 'cheap'! It doesn't really fit when describing an entire house. My biggest faux pas on that list is creased sheets and they are going to stay that way!! I've heard people used to iron sheets but never ever will that be me.

sushipup2 thanked arcy_gw
  • gsciencechick
    last year

I used to love to help my mother and iron all the bedsheets and pillowcases. I honestly don’t know when I last used an iron. DH buys the wrinkle free button down shirts and they work really well if you take them right out of the dryer.

sushipup2 thanked gsciencechick
  • Jilly
    last year

I should’ve made that list. Creased bedding covered in cat hair …including the neighbor’s cat’s hair.

sushipup2 thanked Jilly
  • Lars
    last year

I have my ironing board out most of the time, but I have to use it when I am sewing.

I also iron my linen sheets, and yes it does take some time because they are so large, but it is worth it.

sushipup2 thanked Lars
  • 3katz4me
    last year

Dumb…

sushipup2 thanked 3katz4me
  • beaglesdoitbetter
    last year

Kids artwork on walls! Guess people with expensive houses can afford the therapy their children will need after you just toss out all their master pieces!

And creased sheets. LOL. Maybe you should sleep in the shed so your bed can look perfect.

I'm guilty of having 8 out of 30. Oh well.

sushipup2 thanked beaglesdoitbetter
  • bpath
    last year

Did the same person write the article about buying new kitchen towels every year?

sushipup2 thanked bpath
  • bpath
    last year

By the way, Bored Panda articles are always written by, are they Russian? Ukrainian? Something like that? And translated? They have better translators than whoever writes the product descriptions for Chinese-made goods on Amazon.

sushipup2 thanked bpath
  • Kswl
    last year

I don’t like pandas, bored or otherwise. They are an overrated and overexposed species, especially when making stuff up for the internet. 🐼 ❌

sushipup2 thanked Kswl
  • Bookwoman
    last year

By the way, Bored Panda articles are always written by, are they Russian? Ukrainian?

Lithuanian, at least the writer of this article. They may not be translated - many Lithuanians learn English and speak it well.

sushipup2 thanked Bookwoman
  • nicole___
    last year

I'm guilty of #2, I have a sticker above my exposed washing machine #13, that says: "Make every day amazing!" #7 I'm sitting in a puffy couch, it's so comfy. #14 Patterned duvet covers. I did enjoy looking at the list....it was FUN violating "good taste" policies of decorating. 😁 Next I'm buying a black leather motorcycle jacket and smoking candy cigarettes!

sushipup2 thanked nicole___
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

Totally clickbait, but I think they happen to be spot on. Which is interesting because it is clearly written by Europeans ("exposed" d/w a tell). Thank goodness i have never seen this abomination that is number one, but I came a little too close on that with an antiqued mirrored side table.

sushipup2 thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Sueb20
    last year

Beagles, I win: I have 9 violations in my Cheap House.

sushipup2 thanked Sueb20
  • arcy_gw
    last year

Son's buddies. Best Pandas ever.

sushipup2 thanked arcy_gw
  • Kswl
    last year

I have to admit I am in agreement with most of the examples.

sushipup2 thanked Kswl
  • lucillle
    last year

I suppose those who have various items that were not listed can breath a sigh of relief. Like velvet Elvis paintings, for instance. Or clear plastic sofa covers. Perhaps they were elevated to art forms.

sushipup2 thanked lucillle
  • Kswl
    last year

I am not blameless, lol. I DO have fake flowers, but in my defense they are from NDI and look more real than actual flowers. I dont know how they do it. Pricey, but…

sushipup2 thanked Kswl
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

Of course, the the bigger issue is why does it matter? I know this is all tongue in cheek but seriously it really doesn't matter.

sushipup2 thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • bpath
    last year

Does anyone have a mangler any more to press their sheets? I just bought new sheets for our new guest bed, and was very surprised when I washed them and they are not permanent press! What’s a hostess to do?

sushipup2 thanked bpath
  • bbstx
    last year

My aunt offered me her mangle before she died. I declined. I’m still kicking myself.

• Kswl
    last year

Oh Bbstx, I would have taken it!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm