SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Door #1, Door #2, Door #3.

palimpsest
last year

Yesterday I went on a semi-disastrous excursion to the only place in the general vicinity where you can get a Real ID, and it happens to be relatively far from me and in an economically depressed area.

Let's just say it took 5 hours door to door and leave it at that.

I did get to see this from the (wrong) trolley. So that was a mild bonus, I've only ever seen pictures.

The right route runs through an even more economically depressed area first, but since I look at a lot of real estate, I recognized a number of streets by name although I had no idea where they really were.

Anyway, there are blocks and blocks of houses like this--I went right by this-, built in the immediate postwar area. Very small attached ranchers. But I had not seen this variation in the bathroom before:

You are standing in the hall looking through the main bathroom doorway. There is a door (now removed) from the bathroom to the toilet, and a door from the hallway just to the toilet, shown open. Probably so someone could use the only toilet when someone else was taking a bath in the only bathroom. A precursor to the toilet compartment and a jack and jill sort of arrangement but not in the bedrooms. Probably helpful in a house that had 6 people living in it in all likelihood.

Comments (22)