SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janet_herren57

Kitchen Question

Janet
last year

Looking for suggestions for improvement for the kitchen. From my garage, you can walk through the pantry (12'7"x8'4") and into the kitchen. The kitchen is open to the dining room. All countertops in kitchen shown are 2 ft. The island is 9x4. The space from the refrigerator to the wall is 12 ft on this plan. If you count the refrigerator, it makes it 14'9" or so. The walk ways around the island are all 4 ft. There's a DW on one side of sink and an ice maker on the other. The windows above the sink are a 42x48 with a 24x48 on either side. We plan to put the microwave between the range and the fridge. The dining room will have a wood stove in it. There's room for a couple of chairs by the wood stove and a dining room table. The plan is to put plug ins and a counter in the pantry in order to use some appliances in the pantry. I plan for seating at the end of the island by the wall without any appliances. That wall may also have an area that's bookcase with a partial wine rack.

Right now it's by husband, myself and a baby. We may have more children. We live in a rural area. It takes us 1.5 drive to get to a town with a Trader Joes. We do cook and garden. We plan to use the island as a buffet to put out food when we have gatherings.

If you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know.

Comments (4)