SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hcbm

Quartz Countertop Overhang Question

hcbm
last year

I am at the tail end of a complete kitchen reno. It is a tiny condo kitchen. I had white marble look counters installed Friday. Since the kitchen has not had a final plumbing inspection, I have not been using it. Today, I opened a drawer and noticed it seemed crooked. The countertop is crooked. The drawer is straight. The counter goes from a 2 3/4 inch overhang to a 3/4 inch overhang in 4 feet. The width of the countertop changes by 2 inches in 4 feet. It is something I didn't notice immediately. However, now I can not stop seeing the difference. There are other inconsistencies in this L-shaped counter. If I want this fixed, it means remaking a new countertop and installation. I already paid for the plumber to hook up all the plumbing and will have to pay to have it undone and reinstalled. What do I ask for from the counter company? Money and live with it. I could do that if they give me enough, or do I demand a new counter and money for the plumber? UGH!!!! This reno has been one problem after another.

Comments (7)