SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Kitten update………….

3katz4me
last year
last modified: last year

So she made her first trip to the lake cabin yesterday - good little car rider in her carrier. The big cats hissed at her and then settled in as usual. They are all adjusting to each other and she’s very interested but keeps her distance. The big ol’ Siamese cat is very close to accepting her - the other one isn’t as far along.

Big scare today - I heard a thud and found her cowering under the dining room table. I’m sure she fell somewhere from the stairs going to the upper level. I freaked out. She wouldn’t do anything but lay down and sleep for seven hours. I could tell she cut her lip but couldn’t see any obvious injuries. So I basically held her on my lap all day until I finally decided to call the emergency vet. From what I read lethargy could be a sign of an ongoing problem.

So while I waited for the vet to call me back after triage, I put her down to see if she could still walk. She had walked around and ate and used the litter box earlier so I figured that was a good sign. However she just laid down and kind of played with some toys but half-heartedly. I finally rolled one of her little balls across the room and she took off after it. She came back to life and as I was about to call the vet back he called me. He said kittens sleep a lot so all the sleeping wasn’t unusual combined with the traumatic experience. So she’s now good as new. Here are a few pics as requested.

Comments (16)