SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tgladish6

tree keep or remove?

TeeDee G.
last year

I get these trees trimmed by an arborist every 3 years or so and have been asked if i am interested in removing them. I have never considered that as these trees are almost like family members. However they are somewhat annoying family members as the roots absolutely tear through my yard, as well as the clean up from the spiky balls is quite the workout. (want to let my lawn go and convert to more drought resistant xeriscape -in california)

Removal of these 60 year old trees would be sad, but i am considering it. i'm getting my crawl space inspected by a termite service to see if there are any roots infiltrating, i have no indication that this is the case. i hate to *kill* these trees - i've removed trees and regretted it..

any opinions especially with this type of tree would be appreciated. also have to check in with the HOA, and the city as probably need permit. i understand that they could send up suckers/saplings and removal of the root system would be difficult at best (probably couldn't be totally done)

lastly - not sure i can afford any of this! argh!!

Comments (23)