SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feathers11

Appetizers on the grill

Feathers11
last year

Our town's festival is this weekend. Friends are especially interested in a band that plays Sunday afternoon starting at 4 pm. I live a few blocks from town center where it's being held, so I'm hosting a get-together at 2 pm, serving some light fare, and then we'll walk down to the performance. 2 pm is an odd time to eat, but I've told friends I'd have food and cocktails. The only food restriction is one friend doesn't eat beef.

My food theme is... the grill. And fresh herbs, of which I have an abundance. Here is what I'm planning so far. If you have input or other ideas, I'd welcome them.

Cocktail: this crowd is white wine, and I'm also making this Rosemary Basil Gin Fizz I've made before, along with an herbed iced tea and herbed water.

Grilled Squash Ribbons with Prosciutto and Mint Dressing (will not take long to grill)

Grilled Bruschetta (a nearby restaurant makes the most delicious bruschetta--I might just order it ahead of time, and grab a fresh baguette at the bakery the morning of)

Something like this Shrimp and Sweet Potato Kabob because sweet potatoes on the grill always appeal to me.

A non-grilled fruit salsa with fresh herbs and homemade cinnamon tortilla chips (I've made this several times, and friends enjoy it).

Because some may be treating this as a late lunch, I'm considering grilling ahead of time a pork loin (not tenderloin) and having pulled pork sliders.

This is not a big dessert crowd. I may skip dessert due to the fruit salsa and cinnamon chips.

Comments (12)