SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jordan_reese4

Paint Color Help in Room w/ Multiple Exposures

jordan_reese4
last year

I am having the hardest time picking paint for this open kitchen space! The lighting is tricky, with multiple exposures throughout the day. I'd say the dominant light is north/east, so almost every sample I've tried gets a bit too blue. I am sticking to white/off white, and BM Classic Gray is the closest color I've found that doesn't show crazy undertones. Ideally, I wanted something with a bit higher LRV, but I haven't found anything that doesn't change drastically throughout the day. The classic gray is the paint sample in the upper right of my materials photo, but it does look a little muddier on the walls than I was hoping. (The walls still have the old paint color from the previous owner, sort of a light buttercream) I ordered two dozen color samples from Samplize, but I still don't think I've found the perfect one. Maybe you have a great white/off white that works for a space like this?? (notes: main wall cabinets are sage, island cabinets are walnut. I'm pretty sure we're adding a skylight so there will be some more natural light eventually, and our ceiling and trim will be BM Chantilly Lace) TIA!!

Comments (4)