SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Really Weird.

amylou321
last year

I walk a lot. A LOT. I walk every night at work. 15000 steps from 0 starting at midnight. On my nights off, I walk every day at home on my treadmill. 15000 steps from however many I have when I get on in the evenings. I do this everyday and have for a long time. Going on 4 years now. Of course there have been random days where I could not because of illness or weather or other circumstances. But almost never more than one day in a row.

This past week, I FINALLY had all 4 of my days off. And I decided that since the incessant walking hasn't really helped shed any weight, and my poor feet hate me at this point, I was going to forgo any exercise all 4 days off. I was going to relax and not worry about it and let the ever present blisters and aches and pains in my feet heal.

Well, something strange happened. The second day, I felt sore. Like I had been through a really hard workout. The third day was even worse. This wasn't a minor ache. This felt like when I used to lift weights and do boot camp workouts. Muscle soreness that would not let up. Not with pain meds, a hot bath with epsom salts, nothing. All over. Not relaxing at all and my feet are no better.

Anyway, I returned to work last night. On my first night back every week I walk twice, work permitting. Once before midnight, starting when the sun goes down until I have my 15000 steps for that day. And then I go back out at midnight and get my 15000 steps for THAT day. I was miserable when I started as the muscle soreness was painful and, once again, from head to toe.

Now for the other strangeness, about one hour into my first walk, the soreness was GONE. I mean completely gone, like it never even happened. Other than my feet, which will hurt forever I have accepted, there was no pain. When I stopped walking, the soreness never returned.

I do not think I have ever experienced muscle soreness from inactivity. Some stiffness, and a general BLAH feeling if I laid around immobile for too long yes, but not that level of pain by a long shot. I have never heard of such either.

Anyone experience this before?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH