jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game-----Solution

Jasdip
last year
last modified: last year

Comments (23)

• foodonastump
    last year

Oh man this is at least the third time we’ve had #8 and I still can’t remember it!

• foodonastump
    last year

^^^HA! I knew I’d remember if I posted! Thanks for listening.

Just stuck on 15. And I have two slightly different answers for 2.

I’m fearful of what Wednesday will bring, after two easy puzzles pumping up confidence!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

LOL! The repeats are incidental, this puzzle is from a different source! Glad you got it FOAS, now good luck with the bonus.

• foodonastump
    last year

Oh I’ve got the bonus, I think!

• patriciae_gw
    last year

I am pegging away at it. I do not have the bonus because I never get the bonus.

• Rusty
    last year

Pretty sure I have most of them, the ones that I can see, anyhow. For some reason the picture doesn't enlarge any when I click on it, it's much smaller than these posts usually are.

Have a 'maybe' for the bonus.

Rusty

• foodonastump
    last year

Any you need help readonf, Rusty? I agree the picture doesn’t sharpen up as well as usual when clicking on it, but I figured out what they all say.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

Rusty I can get it to enlarge somewhat. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help.

• Rusty
    last year

Thank you FOAS and Jasdip! I dug up my trusty magnifying glass and it helps a lot. Now I need a trusty crystal ball to give me a couple of answers, namely #9 (and I know we've had that one before) and the bonus, I'm not liking my 'maybe' for it.

Rusty

• foodonastump
    last year

I think 9 annoyed a couple people last time but I think it’s clever. Just got my missing and without intentionally looking there realized I had 3 wrong.

• Rusty
    last year

Think I've got 9 finally. Funny how you can look and look at one and nothing happens, then all of a sudden the answer falls out of a blue clear sky and bonks you on the head.

Rusty

• lettersatoz
    last year

Morning all - hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm not positive of my guess for 12 or the bonus, but I have reasonable answers for both - feel pretty sure of everything else, but I have to admit I'm going on memory for #8 - I'd be in trouble if I forgot it because as others have said, I'm not able to enlarge it this time.

• User
    last year

Good morning all! And a happy Interpretive Dance Day🙂(One of my favourite ways of communicating)

I’m pretty sure that I have them all.

Wishing everyone a great day 💃🕺

• blfenton
    last year

And Saturday was International Trails Day - my happy place. We don't meet on Saturdays so didn't have a chance to mention it.

• bpath
    last year

Finally getting to it. Fortunately for me, I rarely remember puzzles from one week to the next! So I still need #8 and #15. I just might have the bonus, though, for a change.

Thanks, jasdip!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    last year

1) One Thing After Another

2) Broken Heart

3) A Pay Bump

4) A Drop In Temperature

5) Last But Not The Least

6) Hardening Up

7) But On Second Thought

8) The Long And Short Of It

9) Straight And Narrow Path

10) One In A Million

11) Crossed Purposes

12) Bookends

13) Two Under Par

14) Fooling Around

15) A Turn For The Worse

16) Hell Bent On Winning

17) History Repeats Itself

18) Fat Chance

19) Musically Inclined

20) Beginning Of The End

And..............Misty (missed e)

• bpath
    last year

Well, dang, i never did get #8 and #15. and for the bonus I was thinking ”silent e”, thinking back to my first grade days, so hey, I’ll give myself credit for it.

Thanks, jasdip, I kept coming back to it today between plumber visits and cleaning the back hall of the shoe pile.

• User
    last year

Oh my, I had ”silent e” as well.

I’m still on the road in the Canadian wilderness but slowly heading home.

blfenton, I went for a walk on the Iron Horse Trail near Cold Lake on Saturday so I celebrated appropriately.🤠

Thanks, Jasdip

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    last year

I missed #8 and the bonus. I watch too much ”Wheel” as I felt the need to buy an E.

tj

• lettersatoz
    last year

Misty! haha, that’s a good one! I had silent e also. The last time I looked at this, I remembered that we had 12 before also, so I changed my originally wrong answer.

Thanks, Jasdip!

• foodonastump
    last year

2) Broken Heart - should at minumum be A broken heart. That was one of my guesses, but I prefer my other: lifting a broken heart. Why else would it be curved upwards?

3) A Pay Bump - I had a raise in pay. Giving myself full credit.

6) Hardening Up - come on where’s the ”ening“ coming from? Hard up. Full credit. Harumph

And..............Misty (missed e) - I had a blank IOU. Sounded better when I thought of it.

• Rusty
    last year

For 3, I had 'pay raise', never heard the term 'pay bump', 'hard up' for 6, and 'Open book' for 12.

Completely missed the bonus, and it is so easy and so evident! Makes me wonder about me.

Rusty

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

I agree about the missing 'ening'. Who doesn't know the term 'hard up'?