SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rykai

Help with new home living room layout

2 years ago

Greetings! I'm looking for help in laying out our new home.. Current furniture may or may not stay. The living room is 16.5x19.5 with high ceiling. I do NOT like a tv above the fireplace (too high for my eyes), so we are thinking of building a wall unit where the TV is currently sitting on entry table....although I'm not opposed to a long console for tv. Our couch is a Robin Bruce slipcover, and I'd like to keep it, but it can be moved to upstairs bonus room if needed. Would a sectional be more appropriate here? I'm just not sure how to cozy this up.

I love peacocks, and the feather prints below are going to be my color inspiration. I would like pops of color in pillows and drapes to tie living/dining room together. I obviously need a new dining room table/chairs too! :-)

Any suggestions for furniture layout, lighting, pros/cons of wall unit vs console for tv? This will be our main living room as the upstairs bonus will be more of a playroom for grandkids. We're putting a fresh coat of paint on everything next month (I'm leaning toward Colonnade grey from SW?). Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Living room:

View from TV side:

I'm wanting colors or maybe drapes in kitchen to blend with living room

View of dining room from living room

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH