SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisalpg

New narrow kitchen, wondering if my layout is efficient

lisalpg
last year

Hi everyone, I am building a house and trying to finalize my kitchen layout. I am the only human in the house, and not the biggest cook, but I do have to live so I cook at times, mostly on weekends. I have to have my coffee in the morning so I have included a coffee station which will have a small sink. I am also not much for upper cabinets, so you will see I have included only two, preferring to have windows instead. The pantry is separate. There is a peninsula which will seat two, and the kitchen is next to a breakfast nook which will seat four. I think will place the microwave and toaster oven by the fridge where they are most useful, I have range stove, so no separate oven and there is no dishwasher. Please tell me what you think, sorry the drawings are a bit sketchy but I'm doing it myself. I would appreciate any and all comments! I am attaching a picture of the space (I am in Jamaica, we use block and steel construction, the space is a bit more advanced now, electrical and plumbing are in), the layout and my ideas for the cabinetry. Thank you!

A 30" opening to the pantry 30" to the right of the large opening on the left has since been cut. The large opening you see there leads to the breakfast nook. There is also another 25" window now on the right wall next to the large window opening you see dead ahead. The view of the kitchen here is from the living room.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor