SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yalemichmom

Miele 24" Combi Steam Oven vs 30"? Separate Fridge and Freezer?

yalemichmom
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I'm planning a full kitchen remodel, so I can plan it any way I like within the boundaries of a small kitchen. Because of its size issues, my husband and I decided it might be best to install a 24" XXL Miele Combi Steam Oven stacked with the same width Miele Micro/Convection oven. We are planning to forgo a traditional 30" convection wall oven and microwave. Not worried about holiday dinners or doing turkeys (small family). Are we crazy to custom-design our cabinetry around 24" wide appliances versus more traditional 30" cutouts? Not sure why I care about "the next owner" (hoping we are in this house another 10 years), but is the extra space for pantry cabinets worth more than installing traditional-sized appliances? If the Mieles ever need replacing by us or future owners, I'm not sure if their 30" appliance cutouts exactly match other brands' 30" specs. Please comment if anyone has an opinion on installing 24" versions and skipping a traditional wall oven (some would cringe at the thought, but I'm really into the idea of just getting used to a combi steam oven and convection microwave and doing away with a traditional oven).

Also thinking of putting in a built-in 36" all-fridge in the main kitchen and a 30" all-freezer in the adjacent mudroom. I assume the next owner might have preferred a 36" fridge/freezer in the main space. My plan isn't very common, but I it might help me avoid the pain of needing the extra fridge and freezer in the basement.) Does these plans seem like good ideas?

Comments (5)