SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robjana

Can I build a stone fence for part of a fence?

Jana Shohat
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We have a neighbor who has severe OCD. We are moving in about 3 years. My neighbor got a permit to build a 364 square foot tuffshed in his back yard. We have a hot tub 3 feet from a fence. He has put about 15 tools and a ladder or two attached to the shed we can see from the hot tub/backyard. Every time the OCD husband goes to get a tool feet from the hut tub it makes noise. Also, it is super creepy. A real estate agent said we would have to disclose the noise. The neighbors have made tons of noise over the 18 + years including a buzz saw way over 55 decibels right on the property line. So my husband does not want to go to small claims now. I warned the OCD neighbor to put his tools in the shed or a judge would decide. I do not want to sign off on a real estate disclosure about the noise. The prior owners made noise complaints also. So we are thinking of building a stone fence along where the hot tub is which is not right on the shared property line. It can be up to 7 feet. It would help block most of the tools but not all. Then we can plant some bamboo plants in pots but we may need to take out one or two trees. I feel like maybe I am the mentally ill one sometimes. The OCD husband knows I get severe migraines and still ran the buzz saw right on the property line. I would like to have a reasonable solution and not pass this problem onto the next owner. I am getting an inheritance and some other money later this year. I do not want to spend alot but I will if it will increase the value of the yard/home and save my sanity. Thank you in advance.

Comments (14)