SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessa52

30 inch gas range help. concerned about ovens

jessa52
2 years ago

I am currently shopping for a 30 inch gas range for my kitchen remodel. Dual fuel can be an option as well. I was deciding between the Wolf, Miele and Fulgor Milano Sophia. I am excited about the possibility of upgrading to a pro style range and comfortable spending up to about 7500/8k ( of course less is better). I want to stick to brands sold in my local store bc they service everything they sell. The salesman pretty much steered us away from considering Viking or Thermador. Although my research since leaving the store suggests Viking may have resolved their issues. He seemed to really be pushing the Fulgor ( and it does have an offer of 50% off hood with purchase of the range. Salesman also said that gas ovens have really improved and didn’t think I needed to consider dual fuel. Consumer reports rates the Miele an abysmal 39- with the main factor being a 1 out of 5 on the ovens performance. The Wolfs oven looks a little small and it only has one fan in that model while the Miele and Fulgor both have twin fans on their 30 inch model. Unfortunately we don’t have room in our small kitchen to give up any counter space to get anything bigger or a cooktop and wall oven combo. I left the store leaning towards the Fulgor then watched a few youtube videos that left me concerned about reliability. I was then going to get the Miele - until I saw the terrible oven rating. Surprisingly the Wolf is the cheapest of the three all gas so I would love to hear from someone that has and loves it. The Miele or Fulgor dual fuel will work with the budget but don’t want to spend the additional if it isn’t necessary.
My concern is that I don’t want to pay a premium price to not have upgraded performance from both the oven and the burners. I am open to also considering Blue Star and Monogram but we didn’t really look at them at the store. Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding these brands in a 30 inch range? Does anyone think I would receive better overall performance from an LG or GE Profile level range? I have cooked professionally for many years and would love the look of a pro range as well as the simmer and high heat capabilities but not if I have to rotate my cookies or avoid using the bottom rack position bc it burns everything ( like my previous electrolux).
Thanks everyone for any help you can provide 😀

Comments (15)