SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eam214

CabinetDirect.com?

Lizzie J
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi! My husband and I are redoing our kitchen. We are looking to buy inset cabinets. My husband is a super handy, can handle the installation. I have spent many hours on the kitchen design / layout. So, we are just looking to buy the cabinets (and a few accessories).

We have two quotes: one from a local kitchen & bath outfit, for Yorktowne; and another from CabinetDirect.com, for StarMark. A couple of questions:

- does anyone have recent experience with Yorktowne or StarMark?

- has anyone used CabinetDirect.com or know anything about them? their quote is significantly less than the local place. The kitchen designer seemed pretty knowledgeable - more so than the one at the local place. kind of seems too good to be true. BUT: I'm nervous because I can't find anything online about them - here, Houzz, NextDoor, Yelp, even Reddit. They don't seem to be listed on the BBB. Note, this is NOT cabinet-direct.com, cabinets.com, cabinetry-direct.com, cabinetdirectclub.com, or cabinetsdirectusa.com. It is CabinetDirect.com.

- If we can't find any info on CabinetDirect.com, we might want to look at one of the other direct to consumer suppliers. Any recommendations?

Comments (3)

• sammyct2
    last year

I was searching for cabinetdirect.com and found this post. Curious to know if you went with them and what your experience was.

• User
    last year

Stick with someone local that you can visit and resolve your inevitable 2023 supply chain and quality problems. Online cabinet sellers do stick figure sketch designs in the most basic of square peg in round holes type box selling. They do not account for all of the required clearances, counter supports, or electrucal outlets, that are all required. The design failure responsibility is all yours, for everything.

• Ivy
    12 days ago

For those that may still be researching this, I am here to share my experience!

We finished a renovation recently using cabinetdirect.com and are very happy with the outcome.

We were specifically looking for walnut cabinets. After some research, we decided to use Starmarks. We first went to couple of local kitchen designers, quotes were over $50k without the specific organizers that we wanted, such as utility bins, trash pullout, wooden lazy Susan shelf, etc.

We then tried cabinet joint. They do rta cabinets but also has the walnut option. We thought about doing the assembly on our own but decided against it. Quote was $35k,assembly and delivery is additional $7k.

Then I came across cabinetdirect.com which sells starmarks cabinets. We were very skeptical at first. It was a big purchase and sending money online to an unknown place seems risky. We spoke to the kitchen designer and learned that they have brick and mortar locations in the NE under 2 hours drive from us. We called the local stores and confirmed that the online business is affiliated. We felt better at that point. The designer we worked with was very helpful and made a lot of good suggestions. Very fast to respond to design changes and requests. We ended up paying $38.5k for the cabinets with all the organizers that I wanted.

Delivery was smooth and everything came as scheduled.

In our case, we have an open kitchen which allows for wiggle room on the measurement, we weren’t too concerned if we were off by an inch or two. But we did have our contractor do the measurement with us to be safe. But the instruction cabinet direct provided was good.