SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

South Carolina & "retirement" community questions

3katz4me
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We've decided to look around at other areas in SC besides the island with no bridge. I've found a few lake/golf communities and these seem appealing but I know nothing about any of them of course. I wondered if anyone here is familiar with these areas. I guess I want a retirement oriented community because I want to meet people at our stage of life with similar interests. It also needs to be a place with nature - trees, woods, lakes, mountain views sound nice - along with golf. It can't be a place where everything was clear cut to build a development. I still don't want to build a house but it would be more manageable in a design/build community rather than a complete custom build. Does anyone here have knowledge of these kinds of places in SC?

Also - what to look out for in these kinds of communities? I presume it's similar to any other HOA/POA - rules & regs, financial health, management, etc. We've lived in a few HOAs but not where there were a lot of expensive assets to maintain - pools, tennis facilities, golf courses, etc.

Comments (40)