User
2 years ago

this cracked me up today:

Comments (14)

• Jilly
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

That’s funny. 😄

Sidenote: I collected Breyer horse models as a kid. Man O’ War was/is my most prized one — I have him on display in our office cabinet.

Mine — he’s over 40 yrs old. He was hanging out on the patio here:

• Fori
    2 years ago

I recognized Man o'War too.

He was my sister's... :(

• dedtired
    2 years ago

Funny. Wouldnt people love a banister like the first one?

My sister had a china horse collection. I had china dogs. i wonder what became of them.

• olychick
    2 years ago

Really funny! But that carved horse!!! Can you imagine being able to create that or even just have it in your home??

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Cute 😄

We had Breyer horses too - I loved they were just the right size for Barbies ☺

• nicole___
    2 years ago

So true! So funny! VERY relatable! 🌝

• Allison0704
    2 years ago

My sister and I never had Breyer horses, we had real horses instead. That staircase carving is too much.

• Jilly
    2 years ago

I had real horses, too. :)

I miss having them very much.

• User
    Original Author
    2 years ago

IDK why, I didn't have any realistic horse toys. I loved horses, but I was more of a unicorn / My Little Pony kid.

When I was decluttering and letting some of my beloved toys go, I did a big photo shoot. I kept two favorites and gave the rest to my nieces. I had to give myself a pep talk and tell myself it would be ok if those toys got destroyed.

Ahh, the 80s.

• Fori
    2 years ago

Aww Seattle, you're so young. :) My much younger sister had ponies.

At least MLPs were meant to be played with. My mom shipped me back all my Breyer horses about 15 years ago and they don't look as pristine as Jinx's.

User thanked Fori
  • Jilly
    2 years ago

Fori, the rest of my collection didn’t fare so well. I have the Arabian family, hunter/jumpers, racehorses, Trigger, Percherons, Quarter Horses, etc … all pretty dinged up after over 40 yrs of moves. I always kept my Man separate. :)

• nekotish
    2 years ago

My late FIL was big into figurines, mainly Royal Doulton and Beswick. Bless his heart, he thought they would be investments for his grandchildren. So now we have more Royal Doulton Ladies and Beswick animal figurines than we know what to do with. I used to bring them all out of hiding when he came to visit (they are just not my taste.) These two Beswick horse figurines were left to my daughters. They have no sentimental value to the girls so I am holding them until they turn 30, and then they can decide what to do with them. I had real horses growing up, was never and I'm still not into any kind of figurines.

• Allison0704
    2 years ago

Me too, Jinx.

@nekotish our mare and her foal were Palomino.

We have a landing bookcase between the second and third floors where we could have a "how many horse items does Allison have" contest.

• arkansas girl
    2 years ago

nekotish, sadly, your FIL spent tons of money on those! They were very expensive! Such a shame that they did not hold their value. I suppose if they last hundreds of years, they may once again be of value...SIGH....