SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Kitty-sitting! Meet Flossie and Elliott

Jasdip
2 years ago

They look pretty angelic, don't they? They are, but they also love human attention.

A friend of mine asked if I'd look after her niece's 2 cats for a couple of weeks while they're renovating. Sure!

I got them yesterday. Had I known the colouring of Flossie I might have turned her down. I don't like the calico at all. She's also obese. Strangely enough, neither of them eat much at all so I don't know why she's as big as she is. He's a large cat; must have Maine Coon in him, but he's not fat at all.

Last night I went to bed later than usual and immediately they both jumped onto the bed with me. I was shocked Flossie (terrible name, I wonder if she'll respond to Chloe) that she could jump onto the bed, given her girth.

Elliott laid on my whole torso (he's long) and kept touching my face ever so gently to be petted. She was beside me snoring, if she was sleeping, or touching, prodding my hand to be petted. If I told them to get off they would come back up again.

3:30 I got to sleep and all day I feel like I have the strongest hangover. They're both sleeping though so they don't care. I'm being serenaded with Flossie/Chloe's snoring.

You never hear Elliott, he just appears. He's stunning, but timid.

I tried trimming her nails today, but it's like holding a squirming bowling ball. I haven't attempted Elliott's yet. They both absolutely love to be brushed.

I wonder if she might have a thyroid problem. Cats are prone to hyper-thyroid, not hypo though.

Elliott is 15" tall.

Comments (23)