SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canaanjs09

Any Choisya Ternata (Mexican Orange Blossom) Experts?

canaanjs09
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I need help identifying which cultivar of Choisya Ternata at the nursery is the one I'm looking for. I live in Seattle and we have lots of them around here that have bright, lime green new growth and fairly broad leaves, shown here in my first two photos. There are two cultivars I see at the nursery that could be it - the ordinary Choisya Ternata and the Choisya Ternata ‘Sundance’. However, the new growth on the ordinary Choisya at the nursery isn’t limey and the new growth on the Sundance is unmistakably yellow/chartreuse. My last pic is of the ordinary Choisya from the nursery.

So I’m not sure if the one I’m seeing around is the ordinary Choisya and maybe the new growth gets more limey as the plant matures, or if it’s the Sundance and perhaps the ones in the nursery were grown in brighter light then they’re getting here which turned them yellow.

The pictures of the Choisyas I took around town were taken in late January, so while it is the new growth that is lime-colored, the new growth isn’t brand-new. The first one is in full sun and the second one with less lime green is in a shadier spot.

Any help clearing this up would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions