SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

Does Anyone Here Have MS or Extreme RLS?

chisue
2 years ago

DH is in hospital. They're raising his low sodium level, but there's no progress on the debilitating problem of the extreme muscle spasms above his knees. They come mostly at night, 10 seconds apart, lasting for hours. He's not able to sleep. We've been pillar to post with MDs since this began in September. Now it's worse. The closest I can find online that describes these spasms is "Monoclonal Seizures", if that mean anything to any of you.

I hadn't realized that these nightly spasms are common to MS, but evidently they are. I see various things prescribed for such patients: Requip, Mirapex, Neucontin, Lyrica, Pregabalin, even Methadone.

Today a neurologist he saw months ago suggested a Nerve Study (NCS). I don't know why they won't do this while he's in the hospital, but they say it is out-patient. He also has to schedule an MRI of his liver -- another out-patient thing. (Why IS that? They don't have the machinery IN the hospital?)

All ideas welcome! I should get him back tomorrow. Pretty quiet at home without him.

Comments (30)