SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Tinder-Swindler on Netflix

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Has anyone seen this yet? It's a true story.

I have lots of thoughts about it, and I'd love for all of us to discuss it.

Comments (12)

• joyfulguy
    2 years ago

Is this the adult woman who developed over time to be in love with a claimed pilot in/from Lebanon or that area who swindled her out of some $26,000 that I heard about on the radio this morning?

Do you have a link, Jasdip?

ole joyful

• Jupidupi
    2 years ago

I really wanted to watch it. I got about 20 minutes in and couldn't watch any more. It's badly edited, and the first woman they interviewed was so annoying I found myself rooting for the swindler.

• jrb451
    2 years ago

We watched it. It's amazing how folks can get sucked in and lose so much money. We're watching Inventing Anna now. A different variation of the same scam. They're everywhere!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

OJ, he swindled millions out of women. The airline pilot was one of his guises.

I don't know if I feel sorry for the women. They plead being in love after only a couple of dates, I can't help but think the $ signs got in the way when they googled him.

And really, he fell for 'you' out of thousands of women that he'd have known being a billionaires son?

Not using their name in any of the chats was a red flag for me, but apparently it's not usual to use a person's name when texting. It was too much, a copy and paste message, too generic for my immediate trust.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

There are 2 other shows out now with the same scenario.

One is Inventing Anna, a series, created by Shonda Rhimes. The star is Ruth from Ozark, and several cast members are from Scandal.

The other is Puppet Master.

• joyfulguy
    2 years ago

Maybe I should get in touch with him, to take lessons.

Wonder what kind of charge he'd make for such ...

... unless one could pull a con job on him to get them for free?

Good luck with that, of course, for it looks as though he knows that game inside and out.

ole joyful

• WittyNickNameHere ;)
    2 years ago

I don't understand how a smart woman could be swindled out of that much money when her "boyfriend" was supposed to come from a multi-millionaire family.... Why did she never question him as to why he wanted her to give him $, but didn't ask his wealthy family? Yes, it's victim blaming but holy moley, didn't it ever occur to these women that something was up???

• sephia_wa
    2 years ago

I watched this today.

First of all I thought the women were gold diggers. It shows them scrolling Tinder looking at different guys. If the swindler guy had been a regular Joe they would have kept scrolling. It was when they checked out his pics - pilot, fancy cars, etc, that he caught their eyes. They also seem to be women who fall very quickly for someone without really forming a relationship first. Sort of being sucked in to the superficial stuff. All the requests for money was a big red flag. The women wanted to believe it was real and ignored questionable things.

Also a guy who puts all that out there online to meet someone is just trying to impress. Ugh.

• joyfulguy
    2 years ago

Looks like the main thing that he wanted to meet was ...

... money!

o j

• nicole___
    2 years ago

I used to run with a nurse that met another jogger.....he'd come on to two of us in the group before CHOOSING her. She immediately started divorce proceedings.....moved him into her home with her two young children...loaned this millionaire $5k....bought his story hook-line-and-sinker. Yes....she was looking for $$$$...so why give him money...? It ALL made NO sense.

It sounds hard to watch....?

• joann_fl
    2 years ago

It says it true except...... for all the made-up things. I am watching it but getting a bit bored with it.

• jrb451
    2 years ago

“Simon” did get a bit of comeuppance from the third mark, Ayleen, when she took his wardrobe and watches and sold them trying to recoup her losses.