SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

GTKY...........

2 years ago

You know the drill. I do ask that you copy the questions.

1. What are you wearing?

2. What have you eaten today?

3. What is your best personality trait?

4. What was the last thing you cleaned?

5. What situations make you feel most anxious?

6. Where were you born?

7. What was your favorite subject in high school?

8. What's your father's name?

9. Do or did you have a nickname?

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you?

Comments (38)

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? - White sweatshirt, navy tee with pictures of fruit, navy fluffy flannel pj bottoms with snowflakes.

2. What have you eaten today? - Boost, egg, tuna sandwich, guacamole/chips

3. What is your best personality trait? - Friendly

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? - My bedroom

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? - Checking out groceries, I feel like everyone is staring at me.

6. Where were you born? - Tulsa

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? - English Lit and History-tied

8. What's your father's name? - John

9. Do or did you have a nickname? - Crinkles in high school, I always smiled...and was friendly. lol

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? - For our small town there's about 6 places to eat. My fave is a cafe that serves homestyle food, fried catfish, best burgers in the world.

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Jammies, with fuzzy socks (shorty Hanes socks under the fuzzy socks. Keeps the fuzzy socks on better), a kind of a robe.

English muffin with cheese, turkey avocado wraps, chicken pot pie, salad. And Hershey kisses. Oh dear, need more vegetables.

Cheerfulness.

The cat threw up on, of course, the most expensive rug in the house. (right after I said how cheerful I was, this is what I say? hahahaha!)

Being put in charge of something.

6. Where were you born?

In a hospital.

Band.

The same as DS.

No, other than the normal diminutives for my name.

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you?

Anywhere. DH doesn’t like to eat out, so I am happy just to go out.

• Related Discussions

Kick off 2015 with a GTKY

Q

Comments (65)
    1. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, have you managed to keep it/them so far? I actually didn't make one, but I feel unorganized lately. I want to make the best use of all my time so back to making lists for me. 2. What are you wearing? blazer, stripe shirt, floral scarf, jeans, and ...furry boot slippers. Will put boots on later. 3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? Snow. 4. What did you eat today? Banana. I need to eat after this. (Back to making lists for my food too!) 5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How? Sure. I find in more recent years it seems so commercial to me that I feel almost silly to participate in the festivities. We'll probably go out for dinner though! 6. If married, how long have you been married? 7 years. 7. What is your favorite feature? eyelashes 8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? Black 9. What is your favorite board or card game? Pictionary always get us laughing. 10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? I don't know. I'm sure it's an Avenged Sevenfold song. I haven't listened to my iPod in quite a few years. 11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? Later than I should. I'm naturally a night person. 12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? Used to be almost an hour. 13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? Beach 14. Can you whistle a tune? Yes 15. Seahawks or Patriots? Doesn't matter to me. DH will cheer for the Patriots. I like football as background noise. (I'm serious.) I like sports, but don't want to watch them on tv. I think games last WAY too long. Hours and hours and then there's another game! I don't want to sit that long.
    ...See More

New GTKY Kickstart

Q

Comments (52)
    1. GW member? Since 2007. I found this site while googling reviews of Dacor ovens. I had to switch my login name a few years back when I discovered that my neighbor lurked here and repeated my comments to other neighbors. I never said anything that I regretted but I found her actions a little creepy. 2. Coffee. With Skim Plus Fat Free half n half. 3. What color is your bedroom? Right now it's primed and awaiting our decision on color. 4. Coziest or most relaxing room? My family room with a gas Jotul stove. Good for cuddling, watching TV or reading. 5. Do you garden as well as decorate? I garden and pay someone to help me decorate. 6. Does your décor extend to your outdoor space? It's more like my indoor space is influenced by my outdoors. 7. Fresh or artificial? I grow orchids and there are more than 30 spread throughout the house. When they're blooming I bring them to a more prominent location. Even now after one of the coldest months we've had I have six blooming. 8. Where did/do you splurge in your home? And for yourself? We splurge by purchasing what we want. We research first and then buy - it might be the 2 Sub Zeros in the kitchen or a vintage rug in the foyer. But it could equally be something we found at the local Habitat for Humanity store or at an out of the way 'antique' furniture store that we stumbled upon while on a drive. We look for quality first and then value. For myself? I usually let DH handle those splurges but I did just buy a vintage Hermes scarf - it was a limited release and had a special meaning for me. 9. Lip gloss, lipstick or chapstick? Only chapstick if need. Favorite comfort food? Must I limit it to one? Oh well. Mac and Cheese. What’s for lunch/dinner/next meal? We're having homemade minestrone soup tonight and salad. We had to cancel dinner reservations due to the treacherous ice.
    ...See More

GTKY - sartorial edition

Q

Comments (30)
    What is the oldest piece of clothing in your usual rotation? A brown wool crepe Eileen Fisher dress I bought at a JJill outlet in N Conway NH 17 years ago. It's a great, classic dress and still in excellent condition and I love it. What article of clothing do you hold onto but not wear? *My wedding dress What was your favorite childhood outfit? I had a yellow dress that my grandfather bought me just a few weeks before he died when I was not quit 6. I loved that dress! The least favorite childhood outfit? Wool leggings that went with wool dress coats - a big pain to get on and always too hot (we lived in Kansas City, not Anchorage!) What was/is your favorite grown up article of clothing? I love my Hermes handbags - great classic design, great quality, can make a cheap outfit look pretty darned good! What article of clothing was 'the one that got away', the one you didn't purchase and regretted later? A pair of beautiful opal earrings I saw in Petoskey MI and could not afford. The color was gorgeous - lots of blue and fire. What was the first article of clothing you bought for yourself with your own money? A round polished calfskin black handbag at Harzfeld's in Kansas City when I was about 14. It was adorable - opened with a flap that came down. Saved my babysitting money for it and thought I was tres chic!e What was your biggest mistake clothing or shoe purchase? A pair of really gorgeous Valentino bow pumps. Outrageously expensive - thought they were comfortable at Saks - can't wear them as they hurt like the devil. What item do you miss the most (maybe it wore out or doesn't fit or is woefully out of style)? There are so many! Beautiful wool or linen daytime dresses. Beautiful lingerie that was not slutty. Spring coats. Dark cottons for fall. Spectator pumps with a linen dress. I could go on.... Do you wear red for Valentine's Day or green for St. Patrick's? Any other holidays that you wear something specifically holiday related? Sometimes, I wear a pinkish red sweater on Valentine's Day. NEVER green on St Patrick's - I'm English and might just wear orange if I'm feeling cheeky! What was your favorite pair of shoes? (They don't have to be practical or worn often, just the ones that bring a smile to your face when you think about them.) I love my Roger Vivier black patent "Pilgrim" pumps and the dark brown suede "Pilgrim" flats. Chic and SO comfortable. Worth every penny. Did you/do you work in a job that requires a uniform? Did you wear a uniform for school? * Never had a job that required a uniform, but when I was working in retailing in the 1960's there was a strict dress code - no pants, only black, navy, gray or very dark brown clothing allowed, heels and hose required. We were not to "compete" with the merchandise.
    ...See More

GTKY.................................

Q

Comments (34)
    1. What are you wearing? PJ Bottoms and a t-shirt (wish I could say that the reason is bc it is still early morning but I work from home so I will likely stay in the same comfy clothes). 2. What was the last thing you ate? A chicken salad sandwich 4. Has Daylight Savings Time caused you to suffer insomnia? A little bit but nothing remarkable 5. What book, magazine, or whatever, are you reading? I am not currently reading anything except the news and random stuff on the internet (you can down a rabbit hole)! 6. What’s your favorite sleeping position? On my right side 7. What's your favorite board game? Scrabble 8. Which family member makes the best food? What is your favorite food they make? Me, Massaman Curry Chicken. It is a no fail meal. People always love it. 9. Who's the best gift-giver in your family? Me (I am the last one in my family that is alive). I think I give interesting and very personal gifts. 10. Who in your family would you describe as a "character"? Why? My cat Henry. He chews on everything like a dog and I am constantly having to replace cords. He also acts like a dog in that he needs endless attention.
    ...See More
  • 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? White sleepshirt, long lounge pants, Ugg slippers

2. What have you eaten today? Fruit bowl, Crispy Brussels sprouts on brown rice, bowl of homemade chili with grated cheese on top

3. What is your best personality trait? Outgoing

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? The refrigerator

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Public arguments between participants in a meeting

6. Where were you born? small town in Alabama

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? Biology/any Science and PE

8. What's your father's name? Edward

9. Do or did you have a nickname? Yes, in high school, it was a shortened version of my last name.

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? A small locally owned restaurant that serves nicely prepared seasonal food.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Pj's robe & slippers

2. What have you eaten today? Too much

3. What is your best personality trait? Remembering things people tell me & being able to ask them about it at later date

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? Cat box

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Parties

6. Where were you born? Mid west

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? French

8. What's your father's name? Bernard

9. Do or did you have a nickname? No

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Gourmet Italian restaurant we celebrate special occasions

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Red silver and black checked flannel button down long top. Gray athletic pants and socks with the same red as what is in my checked top.

Cheesy eggs on toast for breakfast. Rice and chicken for lunch

Chips and yogurt and salsa mix as the dip.

I'm told I'm a caring listener.

The kitchen counter.

Owing money. Which is why I do everything in my power to avoid it.

6. Where were you born?

In the lower mainland. In BC Canada.

English

Zeigardt.

No.

I can't eat at most of the restaurants in my area. The one that I can still eat at and enjoy going to the most is a Greek pizza joint in Vancouver BC. I lived near there for many years. Since I still work in my old stomping grounds we still go there.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Weird gray jeans with zippers up the calf that my DD2 didn't like but they were too new to throw away so I took them, and a fitted navy zip fleece with my firm's logo.

Greek yogurt with blackberries.

Egg salad on leftover garlic bread

Spaghetti squash lasagna, a salad, and pink pineapple

Copious amounts of mini tootsie rolls and those little square European wafer cookies in the self-sealing bag that doesn't really reseal that well so you have to eat them up very fast.

3. What is your best personality trait? Best and worst- I am very exacting.

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? The burner cap (name?) on my range which I did not realize could be brass again.

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Anything that makes one of my kids anxious.

6. Where were you born? New York

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? English; did I mention i got 105 in my last year of HS English. 105% It was English, not math.

8. What's your father's name? William

9. Do or did you have a nickname? Only to my family. Zip.

A little genuine french brasserie partly owned by a Rolling Stone. Very quaint cellar setting. Best FOS anywhere, chicken salad with celery root remoulade, and French martinis.

• 2 years ago

Yeonassky, now I'm curious. Why can't you eat at the restaurants near you?

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Democracy jeans and a sweater

a banana. (The day is young though)

I'd like to think I am kind.

Toweled off my dogs when they came in from the rain.

Crowds (due to covid)

6. Where were you born?

NY

I'm going with favorite class instead. In junior year I took Honors Oceanography. Math was not my strong suit so I took this class instead of Physics. My school was near the water and my class would go to the beach for weekly "labs". We maintained a huge saltwater aquarium in our classroom and went on a four-day whale watching trip to Provincetown. I wanted to be a marine biologist as a result of this class, but in the end followed my more natural inclination and became a writer instead.

Dad

You all know it.

Hard to say. There is a great steakhouse near us that is really good (I say that as a non-steak eater.) Great food, innovative drinks, and an atmosphere that is both spacious and intimate if that makes sense. The service is reliably excellent. But, otoh, dh is a great cook and I love sittting in the kitchen with a glass of wine as he makes chicken cacciatore.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Stones tee and leggings

2. What have you eaten today? Coffee and yogurt

3. What is your best personality trait? None

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? Kitchen sink

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Health of loved ones

6. Where were you born? Texas

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? History

8. What's your father's name? PaPa

9. Do or did you have a nickname? Aunt Spaghetti

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Patio bar on our town square, excellent and changing menu with the best speciality martinis I’ve ever had. Live music most days/nights. We walk around the antique stores nearby, then have a long afternoon there.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Leggings made for being outside in the cold, t-shirt, sweater made for being outside in the cold with my thumb through the little hole to keep my fingers warm and Muk-Luk slippers.

2. What have you eaten today? Nothing yet

3. What is your best personality trait? I'm a glass is always half-full person

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? - dishes if turning the dishwasher on counts

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Running late in general, but the worst is when I'm going somewhere new and not familiar with the area.

6. Where were you born? Europe

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? Math

8. What's your father's name? I don't speak of him.

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Near me - not much although we often go to the different restaurants on weekends so I don't have to cook. Favorite near here is next county over where they have prime rib on the weekend. I'll have the prime rib with some sauteed and seasoned green beans and the horse radish. Nothing else.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Nightgown (update: denim tunic, leggings and booties)

Nothing yet. I usually eat twice a day - around 11:00 am and then dinner

hmmm that's a hard one. I am optimistic and loyal.

kitchen last night

When friends/loved ones at are odds with each other

6. Where were you born?

TN

Business Ed or Home Ec

PW

My brother had a name for me (he couldn't pronounce my name) and my husband has a couple of pet names he calls me

Our most favorite just closed - they had a variety but the best italian! Good news is another place we frequent, has just moved in! It's our Friday place!! We are going this afternoon after seeing our insurance agent.

• 2 years ago

I hope it’s ok that I’m just jumping in here. It seemed like a good thread for it instead of creating a post. I’m not sure if anyone remembers me. I used to be a somewhat regular poster, but its been ages. Oak, I hope you don’t mind my mini hijack of your post!

1. What are you wearing?

T- shirt and robe

Nothing yet

Not sure

Kitchen counters last night

Crowds, especially if its loud

6. Where were you born?he

Dallas (No memories. My father was there for school, and I was still a baby when we moved back.)

English

Hill

My father calls me Bug.

There’s a small locally owned Mexican restaurant very near us that we go to most Friday nights.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Black cords, grey zip up sweatshirt

2. What have you eaten today? Just stuffed the last bite of a cheddar cheese/sprouted wheat bread sandwich in my mouth.

3. What is your best personality trait? Good listener, I've been told.

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? The bathroom at my parents.

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Issues related to my aging parents or young adult kids.

6. Where were you born? Massachusetts

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? English

8. What's your father's name? Too unique to post

9. Do or did you have a nickname? Yes, my user name (when I was a young kid, and only by immediate family).

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Within an hour it would be fresh seafood. Within 10 minutes it would be Thai.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Sweats

2. What have you eaten today? Toast and jam

3. What is your best personality trait? Resourcefulness

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? Self in the shower

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Merging to the right while driving

6. Where were you born? San Francisco

8. What's your father's name? Ralph

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Mexican

• 2 years ago

1. Everything is covered in ice today so I’ve decided it’s pointless to get dressed. Pajamas and fluffy robe.

2. Coffee, and grainy cracker thing with almond butter, all-fruit jam, and a sprinkling of chia seeds.

3. Maintaining friendships.

4. Last thing I cleaned: does pressing a button on the dishwasher count?

5. “Emergency” type calls or texts from oldest son, whose mental health is precarious.

6. Massachusetts

7. Art

8. Ben

9. I’ve always had lots of nicknames, from my dad to high school friends to DH and my kids… not sure why! Fortunately none have been mean or derogatory.

10. Our two favorites in our town are an Italian place and a pub.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Fitted black sweat pants, black fleece, lime green RL T-shirt

2. What have you eaten today? Just a sip of tea

3. What is your best personality trait? Try Try again, never give up

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? Cat food dish

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Being lost, I'm terrible w/ directions

6. Where were you born? Texas

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? Science

8. What's your father's name? Mac

9. Do or did you have a nickname? Nicole

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Taco Bell

FollowShareSaveComment16

Sort by:Oldest

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Joggers and a sweatshirt, Ugg slippers

2. What have you eaten today? Breakfast taco

3. What is your best personality trait? Empathy

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? My dog's ears

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? Crowded, noisy places

6. Where were you born? West Texas

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? Math and sciences-chemistry, physics, biology

8. What's your father's name? James

9. Do or did you have a nickname? Jana Banana

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Mexican food

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Plaid pajamas. It’s 11:25 am and I have a scratchy throat and was up many times last night with terrified dogs who are afraid of thunder and lightning.

Nothing yet

I seem interesting —-at least to myself, so take that for what its worth. I’m sure my kids, spouse, mother, relatives and friends would all have different responses (some with eye rolls)

Hmmm….next question?

Watching figure skating. I can’t watch because I am so worried the skaters will make a mistake. (Take that, Sigmund Freud)

6. Where were you born?

Maine

Modern novel

Scott Pike W_______

Muffy (just… don’t)

Our golf club’s grill, country breakfast with homemade biscuits TDF. If it‘s brunch you can add a cocktail to that…… **bonus**

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Nice sweater w/jewelry, pajama shorts, ugg slippers (had video calls this morning)

Nothing yet- but it's 12:30 and i am hungry. Will probably make a slice of sprouted multigrain toast and an apple before my next meeting.

Not sure I'd call these personality traits-- but I am highly analytical and a creative problem solver (more so for other people though)

My hair.. in the shower

I tend not to be anxious but since losing depth perception, i can get anxious on stairs or uneven ground i am not familiar with.

6. Where were you born?

A college town

Biology, Physics and Art

Michael

I go by a shortened version of my name but a number of people call me Beffy (this started when they were adults-- i *really* dislike it).

I don't have just one-- but the two most frequent places I go are thai and wood-fired italian

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

The weather is miserable so i decided to have Be A Slob day. Purple Orvis quarter zip top , baggy LLBean knit pants, old black slides. Its 1 p.m. and i haven't combed my hair.

Barbara’s Morning Oat Crunch, blueberries, black coffee, half a bagel with cream cheese.

Reliability? when I say Im going to do somethjng, I do it.

Today is Slob Day but I did brush my teeth this morning.

Phone calls during the night. The room where they do mammograms.

6. Where were you born?

Philadelphia.

English and extracurriculars like Choir and newspaper.

Dad

Yes, Ded. My real name has a natural shorter version, so there’s that.

Don’t have a favorite, but lately I’ve been hungry for a good fish taco. Hard to find!

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Black yoga pants, a long-sleeved tee, and a cardigan
    Whole-grain toast with butter plus coffee for breakfast, plain Greek yogurt with walnuts, blueberries, and pumpkin seeds for lunch.
    My reliability.
    The dishes.
    Driving on a major, busy highway with a lot of trucks.
    6. Where were you born?
    New York City.
    Biology.
    Edward
    Not really, although a few friends from high school call me by my first initial.
    A Chinese place that has food far better than other similar places around here.

PS: @dedtired, Ripplewood Whiskey & Craft makes an excellent mahi taco.

• 2 years ago

A few people call me by my first initial too but i was too embarrassed to share that a friend/old boss calls me Super B and my nice addresses me in texts as Queen B lol. It's never just "B".. although i will sign a quick and informal work email with "B"

• 2 years ago

Muffy, I sure hope you get to feeling better!

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

A knit navy dress, very professional. I had an important client presentation this morning.

After the meeting I took of the professional jacket I wore for the meeting and put on my pink bathrobe because my house is 59 degrees and I was freezing.

Yogurt and blueberries, potato chips, and chocolat

Honesty

Myself (showered)

Big important client meetings

6. Where were you born?

Small town in Washington state

Math

Ed

No

Champa Garden serves southeast Asian cuisine (Lao cuisine is their specialty but there's some Cambodian and Thai on the menu). Tucked away in a residential neighborhood, it isn't high on ambiance but the food is great. It has done a lively takeout business during covid. I recommend the fried rice ball salad and Lao's noodle soup.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Shorts, a cotton t-shirt and flip flops

Breakfast-orange juice, coffee and 1/4 cup of oatmeal made with water, skim milk and stevia. Lunch-leftover (frozen) organic veggie pizza and a glass of water. Snack-mixed nuts and a half dixie cup of more OJ

Feeling braggy today so I'm listing 2: I'm genuinely interested in other people and it's easy for me to engage in conversations that focus on them not me and I am rock solid reliable. If I say I will, I will. If I say I won't, I won't (that line is from Guernsey Literary Society and it's a wonderful mantra innit?!)

My kitchen, I don't clean my house any more and don't miss it!

When I have to organize and run events. Now that I'm retired I NEVER want to have that pressure again

6. Where were you born?

Georgia

English

William Thomas but always called Bill Tom (see answer to #6)

Nope although my son occasionally refers to me as 'Satan' which we both find amusing

D'oh seafood of course-not much other cuisine is noteworthy in the Keys!

• 2 years ago
    • 1. What are you wearing? - Exercise clothes for what is next
    • 2. What have you eaten today? - Toast, egg, orange, banana, nuts
    • 3. What is your best personality trait? - Willingness to help
    • 4. What was the last thing you cleaned? - Bathroom
    • 5. What situations make you feel most anxious? - Covid & Social Gatherings
    • 6. Where were you born? - NY
    • 7. What was your favorite subject in high school? - Mathematics
    • 8. What's your father's name? - Dad
    • 9. Do or did you have a nickname? - Yes
    • 10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Anything I don't have to cook
  • 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Black t-neck under cream, black, and tan popover and black pants.

Leftover Chinese takeout from last night

A warm heart

Top of the refrigerator. Boy, did it need it!

Right now? Having two pregnant "elderly" daughters, both of whom have had major health problems, and having to have an electrician in this house at the moment so I won't be able to see either daughter for a week because of Covid restrictions.

6. Where were you born?

Chicago

History

George

Yes, my user name

Chinese

• 2 years ago

Sheesh, just wanted to send good thoughts and wishes to your daughters, and you! I hope everything goes smoothly with no issues. ❤️

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Joggers, and a casual top over a tank top (I wear layers in the winter)

I met a friend for lunch at an Argentinian cafe: Carne and espinaca empanadas (beef and spinach), berenjena en escabeche (pickled eggplant) and hot yerba mate tea with a touch of honey and ginger.

A friend told me last week that I give great advice and I'm a good listener.

Recycling bin

Being a passenger when my kids are driving.

6. Where were you born?

Midwest

History, biology and physics

Dad

No. My first name can easily be shortened, but my mother forbade it as a child. Proper name only ever since.

I'm fortunate to be walking distance to several good restaurants, so it's whichever one the kids want when they're home from college.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? A pretty print blouse that DH got me for Christman, suede slacks and pretty embossed Western shoes

2. What have you eaten today? Just came back from my birthday lunch out: Mushroom, goat cheese and fresh herb flatbread , lobster bisque, wine, and then complimentary birthday dessert

3. What is your best personality trait? My kids say it's that I make friends everywhere I go, and am very approachable and easy to talk with. I just honestly really like and enjoy people.

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? Doberman vomit . . . our boy, Knight, must have eaten something out in the garage on his way out to the yard! Probably a dead mouse. Ugh!

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? I'm very comfortable speaking in front of crowds, even impromptu, but I get VERY anxious the couple of weeks before any trip, planning, packing, etc. Go figure!

6. Where were you born? Detroit, Michigan

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? Creative Writing and Spanish

8. What's your father's name? Dad

9. Do or did you have a nickname? My parents almost always called me Lynn Marie, even when I wasn't getting into mischief . . . which I did a lot!

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? Where we went today for lunch; I love good soups and flatbread sandwiches.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

My basic uniform of black T-shirt, jeans and sneakers

my daughter and son-in-law are visiting this week, so we went out to breakfast this morning.

Coconut macadamia pancakes(not my usual fare at all!)

I am very positive and upbeat.

Kitchen sink

Going to a party or get together where I don't know people

6. Where were you born?

NYC

English

Tony

nope

The restaurant we went to for breakfast this morning also serves lunch. By far my favorite place... right on the sand in front of the Pacific.

• 2 years ago

Thank you, Jinx and Texanjana. All is well and going according to plan so far.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Skinny jeans, black turtleneck and bogs boots.

2. What have you eaten today? Nothing. Fasting until dinner.

3. What is your best personality trait? I’m a good listener and friend.

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? My car. Just got back from the carwash.

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? When I am worried about a loved ones health or safety.

6. Where were you born? Small town Arkansas.

7. What was your favorite subject in high school? All math classes.

8. What's your father's name? Daddy — he died when I was 20.

9. Do or did you have a nickname? No.

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? A great steakhouse and a really good Mexican restaurant both within walking distance of our house.

• 2 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Black leggings and a winter white oversized turtleneck cashmere sweater and ballet flats.

Oh how I wish I would have answered this two hours ago. For breakfast I had oatmeal and banana. For lunch I had an avocado and shrimp salad. Then after running some errands I stopped at my favorite french bakery and got a couple of these:

And no I did not share with DH. (And yes I will be on my treadmill for the next two hours.)

My sense of humor. No one gets it but me but it keeps me laughing.

Litter boxes.

The thought of a colonoscopy prep.

6. Where were you born?

Los Angeles

History.

Dad

I do and have. But nothing is as good as Muffy.

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get that's near you? See answer to 2 above.

And Jinx, I can list about 10 of your best personality traits. ❤️

• 2 years ago

Marlene, you are so sweet! Thank you. ❤️

“No one gets it but me but it keeps me laughing.”

I think you and I would do a lot of laughing together! 😁

• 2 years ago

Bookwoman, forgot about Ripplewoods fish tacos. Havent been there since pre-pandemic. Will order some takeout! thanks.

• 2 years ago

OutsidePlaying

22 hours ago

last modified: 22 hours ago

1. What are you wearing? jeans and a 3/4 sleeve purple t-shirt, vionic flip flops, which are my slippers

2. What have you eaten today? 2 slices of WW bread with peanut butter and bananas, beet and spinach salad, just about to have dinner of roasted sweet potatoes and beets and some pork tenderloin and green beans

3. What is your best personality trait? empathetic

4. What was the last thing you cleaned? Our ensuite

5. What situations make you feel most anxious? any kind of conflict

• 2 years ago

Oops, hit submit too soon:

6. Where were you born? In a Catholic hospital in a major city in my province (we were not Catholic)

8. What's your father's name? Thomas

9. Do or did you have a nickname? Boo Boo, MJ

10. You don't have to mention the name, but what is your favorite place to eat that's near you? Or what type of restaurant/food do you get th

A small hole in the wall Mexican restaurant in an industrial park in our very small town