SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_344816202

Thermador Fridge & Freezer columns and can I change Salesperson

Sabine
2 years ago

Hello,

Sorry this is a bit long.

A few days ago I went to a large Kitchen and Bath store to choose replacement appliances for a house we just bought.

We are replacing older 30" Thermador Fridge and Freezer Columns with newer ones.

The quote that I received also includes a heater kit (HEATRKIT20).

I looked that up and from what I read, it is not required for a fridge/freezer side-by-side combination.

I emailed the salesperson and she replied that it is needed. I don't have too much confidence in her: the quote listed two Refrigerator Columns instead of one Refrigerator and one Freezer.

I pointed that out and was told that it's fine. I emailed again with the item numbers highlighted and what it should be and then got a corrected quote.

Yesterday, I called Thermador and they told me that the Heater Kit is not needed for our Fridge/Freezer side-by-side combination because the Freezer comes with a heater and that the optional heater kit is required for combinations that do not include a freezer (like Fridge/Winecooler).

I'm guessing that the heater kit auto-generated when she quoted two fridges and didn't automatically get deleted when one fridge was replaced by freezer on the quote.

Two questions:

Is it safe to assume that the Thermador Installation rep is correct and no heater kit is needed?

Did anybody install Thermador Fridge/Freezer columns and also ordered a heater kit?

Can I change salesperson?

I assume they work for commission and I feel bad if she doesn't get paid, she did walk around with me for half an hour and generated the quote. It just doesn't seem that she pays attention to details but now I feel that I should research every single appliance and accessory on the quote to make sure it fits and is what is needed.

Thanks!

Comments (14)