SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kswl3

A New Desk and a Finished Gallery Wall

Kswl
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

One of our spare bedrooms doubles as a main floor office for me. It’s the ensuite bedroom DS1 usually uses when he visits. It’s a small room and has a double bed (remember those?), a bedside table and a desk. Shortly after we moved in I bought a placeholder desk that was much too big, and since then have been looking for the right one. Almost nine months ago I ordered Ballard’s Casa Florentina desk and hutch in a light blue gray and it was delivered several days ago. I chose the finish based on pictures online and from tiny wood samples that themselves took months to arrive. I am happy to say it is fabulous and I am beyond thrilled with everything about it— the color, size size, and storage.

I was so excited I was inspired to finish the gallery wall of diplomas and plaques and awards that were on DH’s office walls.

Now I just need help picking a chair. I have two, one a plain gray grain wood chair (that I bought for the home office in our rental house here and it surprised me by being a set of two), and one an old Ballard Parson’s chair that was in DD’s closet at the old house. For some reason I had a navy slipcover in my linen closet but it’s faded so if I use that chair I’ll need a new slipcover. Or I could buy a completely new chair, open to all ideas.

Not loving the navy quilt any longer either, so if there are any suggestions, please share! The curtains here are the same as my ”summer curtains” in the great room, off white heavy twill with a medallion print in several shades of blue, and the cellular shades are an off white linen.

Lots of room for books still.

With navy slipped parson’s chair

With wood and metal chair before finishing gallery wall.

View of padded almost black metal headboard, which is about the same shade and gauge of the metal and wood chair (only reason i’m considering it).

The bedside table peeking in on the lower left of the last picture is a blue and white china dishes mosaic unevenly scalloped top on long black wrought iton legs. I guess this fits the definition of an eclectic room 😎

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County