SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmbell84

Cracked Marble Countertops - Fixable or Replace?

tmbell84
2 years ago

We recently had new Montclair Marble countertops installed (2cm). The company incorrectly cut several pieces and was running low on material, so they used a cracked piece in front of the cooktop. The installers put epoxy in it but said if it continued spreading because of the heat, the piece would need to be replaced (there is no more material though). Over the next 6 months, cracks have formed on the island, at the sink seam, and in the waterfall legs. Literally, new ones are still popping up and they haven't been in 6 months. There are also a ton of scratches since the job took 8 install attempts and each time they threw the pieces into the back of a truck with no protection. The company is trying to tell me it's a warranty issue with the slab company, however, I purchased everything through the fabricator and have no contract with the slab company. On top of that, they admitted to installing cracked pieces, so I doubt the stone supplier will offer anything. So, my question is are these countertops fixable or just need replaced?

(the other line is a scratch, not a seam)

Comments (4)