SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

Cutting sun glare in a home office

robo (z6a)
2 years ago

So I moved my home office into a much brighter room. It has a small southeast facing window and a big southwest facing window. Now I have a new dilemma - the winter sun is low enough to shine in the East window all morning and West window all afternoon. No matter where I position my desk in the room, I either have sun blasting into my eyes or backlighting me into another dimension on video calls.

As this used to be a guest bedroom, right now I have blackout curtains that, when drawn, plunge the room into gloom.

My question to you, especially those working from home, is what window treatment will keep the room light and bright but save my poor eyeballs? For example if I get a solar shade, would 5% openness do the trick? All opinions welcome. I have also invested in a ring light for video calls.

here’s me moving around the room trying to find rhe right desk placement! obviously the curtains are going - but I’m very happy with my millenial pink wall color which is bm sunlit coral cut 50%.

here are the only other room elements - zebra rug I’m not satisfied with and my banana leaf daybed cover.

Comments (20)